Seeking a Digital Data Analyst with a Bachelors Degree demonstrating analytical ability plus 3 – 5 years experience in the field of Data Analytics and Digital Marketing, for an EE position based in Cape Town.
- Responsible for the ongoing analyzing of Digital Marketing Campaigns and practices in an effort to improve campaign performance and marketing ROI.
- Work closely with Group Marketing, with input from CX, BI, web, creative and media resources, to recommend best practice and optimizations around audience selection and targeting, channel mix, customer journey tracking and testing.
- Ensure marketing budget is spent efficiently and the Group’s audience is effectively targeted through successful digital marketing campaigns.
- Develop performance measurement and reporting framework for digital marketing campaigns and practices.
- Ensure that the appropriate tagging conventions as well as custom views, dimensions and goal tracking are implemented to support the measurement framework, across platforms.
- Extract and prepare data.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using analytical techniques.
- Develop recommendations based on the data for changes to marketing tactics and strategies to improve performance.
- Produce insightful visualizations (reports and/or dashboards) that enable actionable recommendations and outputs.
- Liaise with key Group stakeholders in the analytics and marketing landscape (incl. agencies) and deal with enquiries.
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to identify opportunities for new client acquisition.
- Collaborate with the BI team (e.g. customer stream or advanced analytics) to generate insight using advanced analytical techniques.
- Build models and run simulations to inform and optimize marketing spend for ongoing and upcoming campaigns.
- Conduct competitive research and analyze benchmarking data.
- Research and make recommendations on marketing technologies that support campaign execution, measurement and optimization.
- Championing an environment of learning and growth in the field of digital analytics.
- Contribute thought leadership collateral pertaining to data analytics and the measurement of digital marketing.
- Bachelors degree demonstrating analytical ability.
- 3 – 5 years experience in the field of Data Analytics and Digital Marketing.
- Expert in Google Marketing Platform such as Analytics 360, Tag manager 360, Campaign Manager, Display and video 360, Search ads 360, Optimise, Data Studio, Big Query.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel and Social Media platforms (marketing and measurement).
- Strong knowledge of and experience with:
- Reporting packages (e.g. Business Objects, Tableau, Datorama)
- Databases (SAP HANA, Cloudera)
- Proficient in integrated messaging platform (e.g. Marketo, Everlytic), marketing automation system (D365), content management system.
- Strong analytical mind and an ability to extract, prepare, analyse and visualise data to drive business and marketing decisions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Database Knowledge
- IT Data Analysis
- Data Security
- MIS reporting
- Database administration and reporting.