Build your future with Sovos.
If you are looking for an opportunity where career-minded professionals can achieve success while bringing their best and whole selves to work each day, Sovos may be the company you have been looking for. Employees at Sovos operate on the leading edge of digital technology while working to improve lives and the communities in which we live and work. When we say Solve Tax for Good, we mean For Good in every sense of the word. Our organizational commitment is to provide a place where employees can thrive and progress in their careers while having the support behind them that only a global company can offer.
Sound like this might be the opportunity you have been looking for?
Take a look at our career posting below. Don’t check all the boxes? Apply anyway! We are focused on hiring the right people, not the “right” resume.
It’s not about what you have done somewhere else, it’s all about what you are capable of doing here.
The Work You'll Do
The VAT Compliance Analyst is responsible for accurately validating more complex client data and preparing VAT filings for submission while ensuring that all internal and statutory deadlines are met for their assigned portfolio of clients. This role is expected to acquire a good understanding of their portfolio of clients, deliver an outstanding customer service experience to clients, and proactively address any issues or delays that could put pressure on our deadlines with clients.
- Validating complex client data using in-house software and confirming tax amounts due to clients
- Creating accurate VAT returns and associated supporting documentation for your clients
- Ensuring all data is accurate and returns submitted within strict deadlines
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve client compliance and other issues; coordinate with appropriate internal departments to provide timely response and solutions
- Efficiently collaborate with other departments where necessary to ensure all deadlines are being met
- Interact directly with Sovos clients on a regular basis as part of service delivery and issue resolution and nurturing a close working relationship with all clients
- Maintain goals and key measures to ensure progress and alignment with desired business outcomes for clients
- Attending client meetings as and when appropriate
- Provide assistance to Compliance Services Associates in building domain expertise and resolving client issues
- Ensure compliance with applicable revenue authorities and client-specified procedures by adhering to internal policies and procedures
- Identify process improvements and offer suggestions to build internal efficiencies and reduce risk and foster continuous internal process improvement efforts by offering ideas and feedback to Compliance Service Managers and Supervisors
- Ensures internal policies and procedures are adhered to based on established guidelines
What We Need From You
- 1-3 years client service-related work history preferred
- Practical VAT experience is highly desirable
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a confident telephone manner
- Excellent time management, decision making, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team and cross-functionally
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent written/spoken English required plus additional European languages an advantage - and you will get a chance to use them!
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- Continuing opportunities for further Learning & Development
- Progressive Wellness Program
- A chance to work with talented and passionate people in a rewarding and values-driven environment!
- Visit our careers page to learn more!
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that celebrates diversity and where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against race, color, religions, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic provided by law. At Sovos, all employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work
Sovos was built to solve the complexities of the digital transformation of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction controls, tax reporting and more. Sovos customers include half the Fortune 500, as well as businesses of every size operating in more than 70 countries. The company’s SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes. Sovos has employees throughout the Americas and Europe, and is owned by Hg and TA Associates. For more information visit www.sovos.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Does this sound like a fit? Apply now