WHO YOU ARE
Hej! My name is Matteo Seminaroti and I’m leading the Order Simulation team in the Fulfilment domain at IKEA. For our new Digital hub in Amsterdam, we’re looking for passionate Data Scientists. Allow me to convince you why it is great to join us now on our incredible digital transformation journey.
At IKEA we have the vision to create a better everyday life at home for the many people. We strive to be affordable, but in a truly people and planet positive way. Our digital capabilities play a crucial role in achieving this goal. We believe that you will thrive when you meet great people that are on the same mission at IKEA. People that are not only talented and skilled, but also humble, supportive and absolutely committed to leading home-furnishing retail into the future.
What follows is our wish list! If you don’t recognize yourself in all these points, you might still be an excellent candidate for the role. We like to think long-term and invest in people’s development.
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist in a commercial environment
- A proven track record of building and deploying advanced end-to-end solutions to production beyond prototypes
- Knowledge of Operations Research modeling and algorithms with application to real-world problems
- A master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative field with strong mathematical background (computer science, linear algebra, probability and statistics)
- Excellent communicative skills, with good command of the English language
- Experience in Cloud Platforms (e.g., Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure Databricks)
- Project experience with our tech stack, most importantly Python, SQL, TensorFlow, Jupyter, Git and Docker
- Familiarity with collaborative software engineering practices (Git, Agile, Scrum, CI/CD, DevOps)
- Self-organized and able to work independently, while collaborating proactively with others in a team and the wider organization
- Any form of supply chain domain expertise is a strong plus
- The IKEA culture and values resonate with you (read more here: https://about.ikea.com/en/about-us/ikea-culture-and-values)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
As a Data Scientist, you play a pivotal role in the design, development and operation of advanced analytics digital products.
Together with your team and stakeholders, you refine product requirements and translate them to technical solutions. Herein, you adopt a value-first technology-second mindset, to ensure the team contributes to the company goals. You take responsibility for the technical refinement and delivery of sprint stories and epics, in collaboration with the Product Owner.
Being an experienced data scientist, you can tackle complex business needs and solve using different analytical tools in a scalable way. Moreover, you are keen on using your knowledge and creativity to innovate with more advanced algorithms or OR models, that can exploit native structure in the data or take into account uncertainty.
Building on your experience with Cloud Platforms and solution architecture, you work beyond notebooks and take responsibility for experimental code being translated into thoroughly tested CI/CD pipelines. Your model is part of internal data products which are extensively used and whose quality and performance is adequately monitored.
As an active member of the Data & Analytics function and our Communities of Practice, you foster a culture of knowledge sharing and continuous learning among your peers. By spending around 20% of your time on learning, you keep abreast of the latest developments in the field. You signal impediments to the leadership and advise on the adoption of new tools and frameworks. To get inspired and expand your network, you regularly attend (virtual) meetups and conferences. Here, you occasionally take the opportunity to showcase your work that ultimately enables IKEA to create a better everyday life for the many people.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A challenging and diverse job, with exceptional opportunities to grow
- An exciting, flexible, empowering but also friendly and fun work environment, in a truly value-based company
- The opportunity to have global positive impact with your work, both for people and planet
- A wealth of data, with massive potential to add new business value with advanced analytics models deplyed on Google Cloud Platform infrastructure
- A team of great colleagues to continuously learn with and from, with world-class experience across all aspects of data and analytics
- Hardware and OS of your choice
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A modern and well-equipped office that will house up to 500 co-workers, located in the harbour area north-west of the Amsterdam city centre
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
As a Data Scientist, you will be working in a cross-functional team to develop data products within our Order Promise and Allocation domain. Here, we are building the systems and tools that manage the beginning of the fulfilment journey of our customers, from availability to offered delivery dates.
Specifically, together with the Order Simulation product team, you will work hands-on to develop an advanced simulation model for our order flows, using historical data, forecasts and insights from our fulfilment network.
The Data & Analytics function is a core pillar of Group Digital, with the responsibility to shape and drive digital objectives by developing a strong internal competence. Our function includes key enablers, such as Data Management and Data Architecture, and product success drivers, such as Data Engineering and Data Science.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
Does this sound like your next challenge? Then we would love to get in touch!
If you have any questions regarding the role, recruitment process or other practicalities please reach out to Pietro Mattei at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply with your application in English. Note that we cannot process any applications through email.
We are very much looking forward hearing from you!