Are you a Data Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
Are you looking for a new contract opportunity?
We are pleased to offer you a new contract opportunity for you to consider: Data Engineer
- Start: ASAP
- Estimated length: 12 Months
- Location: Mississauga
- Onsite role - Should be flex to come to office when required (for important meetings only)
You will have an opportunity to work with a leading employer in the local market.Responsibilities
- The Data Engineer will troubleshoot and investigate data anomalies and issues along with
working directly with the reporting development teams to follow through and get the root
- You will also assist in building predictive systems to help catch issues before they arise and assist
in building and support financial reporting.
- Collaborating with various teams to onboard new data sets and develop required data
- Developing required pipelines and Data warehouse transformations based on Client's
Information Security and Data Governance requirements
- Collaborating with Tableau development team to design required data views within Google Big
- Developing and deploying automated CICD pipelines using tools such as GitHub, Airflow, Google
- Developing data warehouse transformations within Google Big Query that meet or exceed
performance and availability SLAs
- Creating and documenting unit/integration tests, contribute to engineering build documents
- Developing automated services to monitor and alert on data quality, ensuring production data is
always accurate and available
- Maintaining and supporting our Google Cloud Services environment, Airflow, GitHub, CICD tools
- Strong Data Warehouse modeling and development background, this role will be less ETL
development and primarily data warehouse staging and transformation development
- Experience working with Finance, Retail and Sales data sets and transformations
- Hands on experience in developing data warehousing and big data analytics leveraging services
such as Azure SQL or Google DataProc, Big Query.
- Strong application programming background with various general-purpose programming
languages such as SQL, Python, Java
- Strong understanding of how to design the collection and transformation of various data sets or
file formats (excel, CSV, TXT, XLS ..) from source systems to target locations
- Experience in Google Cloud Big Query preferred
- Exposure to reporting via Tableau/PowerBI would be an advantage
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma or equivalent experience in Data Warehouse, Data
Engineering or technology related field.
- 5 - 8 years’ experience working in a technical related role such as data base developer, data
warehouse developer, data engineer
- Strong background in data warehouse development for financial management reporting and
Do you have this experience? If you answer YES, then please apply IMMEDIATELY to so we can then
discuss your experience and interest in this opportunity!
Randstad Technologies Group
Canada's largest provider of IT Staffing Solutions, offering hundreds of permanent and contract
opportunities across all roles, levels and platforms. Our Web-based tools help you see and apply for jobs
matched automatically to your skills and preferences. When you're ready to interview we meet with you in
person to help you build the technology career path you've always wanted. Visit www.randstad.ca to get
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada's workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.