“I can succeed as an EDGE Early Career Associate at Capital Group.”
As an IT Early Career Associate, you’ll be placed in a selected team and your manager will assign you to work on different technology, systems and projects as needed. As a Data Engineer Associate, you’ll be part of an engaging cohort experience that focuses on learning and development along with making connections through social events and networking during your first year at Capital Group. You’ll learn directly from our leaders through a speaker series, take on interesting business problems in sprint challenges and engage in activities to strengthen your technical skills and business acumen. You will be well supported and will learn how information technology elevates our ability to provide the best technology platforms for our internal customers and how the Capital System has sustained superior results over time.
- You will build cloud-based solutions for enterprise data pipelines on AWS and/or Azure using the latest technologies, including but not limited to Cloudera/Hadoop, Databricks, Synapse, Hive, and Spark.
- You will build skills in collaboration, requirements gathering, testing, managing ambiguity in a fast-paced environment, and influencing outcomes.
- You will lead end-to-end delivery of select features in our data platforms.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You are currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, cognitive science or equivalent with an anticipated graduation date of Spring 2024.
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- You have practical experience with one or more of these technologies: SQL, Python, Alteryx, and/or reporting/visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI
- You have a passion for data and its possibilities, along with a propensity for analysis and logical/critical thinking
- You have basic understanding of SDLC and agile methodologies
- You express ideas effectively and interact professionally with others
- You are not intimidated by the new and unfamiliar and embrace a continuous learning mindset
- You are solution driven, accountable for results, and comfortable socializing your thought process
- You are highly collaborative and willing to share your point of view
Orange County Base Salary Range: $82,308-$131,693
- Please use the external Ripple Match link to apply. Applications within Linkedin will not be reviewed.
In addition to a highly competitive base salary, per plan guidelines, restrictions and vesting requirements, you also will be eligible for an individual annual performance bonus, plus Capital’s annual profitability bonus plus a retirement plan where Capital contributes 15% of your eligible earnings.
You can learn more about our compensation and benefits here.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.