Data Scientist Product Owner, Product Management Consultant
Dell's Client Solutions business is a fast-paced environment where innovative thinking is prized. Our team focuses on selling software to consumer and business customers, and we are seeking a highly skilled Data Scientist to deliver critical data and insights that will help accelerate business growth.
Join us as a Consultant on our Engineering Development team in Bangalore, India to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Data Scientist Product Owner, you will serve as team lead for a team of data analysts that provide reporting an analytics to support five software product lines. You will take requirements from the business, and translate them into actionable projects with data and reporting deliverables that ultimately provide insights help growth software attach rates.
- Collaborate with Business stakeholders to understand what critical questions and insights need to be addressed
- Assign and direct a team of analysts to create the necessary reporting and analytics deliverable to respond to business needs.
- Assist business leadership with interpreting and drawing actionable conclusions from the data
- Integral part of Business intelligence and analytics team as a product owner for Client Productivity software group
- Work, under no supervision on tight schedule projects, with internal and external teams to understand customer requirements and develop proposals and data-driven, AI solutions to address to those requirements
- Team lead for 4-5 Business Analysts
- Data gathering, research and analytical abilities to develop insightful conclusions and generate solutions to address user needs
- Works with cross functional teams and various stakeholders, including design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement
- Turn data insights into products with actionable outcomes to the ultimate customer
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities outlines milestones and deliverables, opportunities and risks
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Create written communication materials that effectively summarize findings and support recommendations
- Direct quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test plans and managing the execution of testing
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Experience in writing product and customer requirements and using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize decision-making. Relational Database and Microsoft SQL Language
- Business and entrepreneurial acumen with strategic and critical thinking
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Microsoft SSIS)
- Analytics / OLAP Cube Development (Microsoft SSAS and MDX) and Tabular Model (DAX)
- Data Warehouse / Solution Design
- Dimensional Modeling
- Azure Experience
- Strong hold on Data structures and Algorithms.
- Experience in web technologies and creating secure and robust application is good to have.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as PCF is good to have.
- Experience in Database technologies
- Python & R expertise
- Proficiency in Optimizing Databases/database servers, Backup/Recovery (point-in-time recovery), Security architecture, Database clusters. system tuning for best, various trace flag settings and performance-tuning of database SQL code (procedures/packages)
- Strong technical acumen with a history of building/delivering enterprise products
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope and scheduling and deploying new feature sets
- 10+ years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience
- Strong capabilities and experience in deriving actionable business insights from data and reports
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An Essential member of any agile scrum team
- Experience in influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience in delivering products within budget and target timeline.
- Experience working in a globally distributed IT and business teams
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.