Fanatics is the ultimate one-stop sports fan destination that ignites and harnesses the passion of fans and maximizes the presence and reach for preeminent sports partners globally. Leveraging long-standing, often exclusive relationships with more than 900 sports properties, a database of more than 90 million consumers worldwide and a trusted brand name, Fanatics is furthering its innovation across the sports landscape by building the leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings including e-commerce and licensed merchandise, physical and digital trading cards and collectibles, and online sports betting and iGaming.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end physical and digital collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform.
As a market leader with more than 10,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to join our Data Engineering, Science, and Analytics team. Do you thrive at applying data science to solve business problems? As a senior data scientist you will have ample opportunities to apply your data science skillset to unlock vast business opportunities by extracting key insights using a wide range of data sources, advanced statistical models, and machine learning algorithms and translating results into meaningful goal-oriented business actions. Each day, you will be presented with a variety of new challenges and interesting projects that tap your interests and strengths.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in operations, finance, marketing, and engineering to understand business need and scope data science projects
- Wrangle, process, cleanse, and verify data from different sources used for analysis
- Help build data-informed business strategy and roadmaps
- Translate data needs into data product requirements, evaluate technologies, and identify opportunities to innovate and improve our data science capabilities
- Use creative problem-solving skills to analyze data and build statistical / machine learning models to help solve business problems from different perspectives
- Work with engineers to create services that can ingest and supply data to and from both internal and external sources and ensure data quality and timeliness
- Lead the development of data visualization and dashboards to help the organization monitor performance, generate insights, and continuously improve user experience
- Establish playbooks to drive process and consistent outcomes
- Participating in the full life cycle of model development, which spans from business problem discovery, data discovery to model deployment and monitoring.
Some Things You May Want To Know About Us
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Computer Science (with a focus on Data Mining, Machine Learning), Statistics, Econometrics, Physics, or other quantitative disciplines that require processing and modeling data at a large scale
- 5+ years of professional experience as a data scientist
- Proficient in Python, SQL, Spark, the associated Python and Spark packages commonly used by data scientists, and Deep Learning libraries, such as PyTorch
- Proficient in wrangle and analyze data with complex relationships and time scale
- Strong understanding of and practical experience in a wide range of machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling
- Experience in using data visualization and dashboard tools
- Working experience in cloud-native technology
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured datasets stored in relational and NOSQL databases
- Out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver who can turn ambiguous business problems into clear data-driven solutions that deliver meaningful business impacts
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Proficient in other languages, such as R, used in data science is a plus
- Basic knowledge of data engineering and MLOps is a plus
- Certificates earned in data mining, machine learning, deep learning, statistical modeling, cloud computing, and data engineering is a plus
- We’re a small team (growing fast!) and everyone wears lots of hats.
- We’re have offices in Los Angeles and New York and many of us are remote
- We work hard, but not all the time. We have families that we like to spend time with.
The salary range for this position is $185,000-$200,000 which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at
www.fanaticsinc.com/careersTryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS