Data plays an ever-increasing role in political life. Making insights from data available and understandable for political-decision-making is therefore becoming a more and more important objective for political parties. To accelerate the modernisation of European politics and to further grow the abilities of the ALDE Party Secretariat. We are hiring a Data Analyst to join the Research & Empowerment Unit, based in Brussels.
As member of a young and international team, the Data Analyst will be part of the Research & Empowerment Unit. The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Independently conducting research and analysis on European political party performance, to generate insights for data-driven decision-making of ALDE Party
- Management of data analysis projects in cooperation with internal and external partners.
- Development of ALDE Party’s analytics databases and management of data cleaning and integration tasks.
- Prepare research and technical advice on new technologies and tools, notably within the field of digital campaigning.
- Assist in the organisation of workshops and training seminars.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Strong quantitative abilities and experience with the statistical programming language R
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of statistical modelling and an understanding of the principles of data science
- At least 1 year of professional experience (traineeships included)
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and both an eye for detail and necessary focus on in-depth analytical work. The knowledge of a second language is an asset
- Experience working with Geodata would be considered an asset
- Experience working with SQL databases would be considered an asset
- A deep understanding of European politics and party politics is desirable. An affiliation with liberal values and prior campaign experience would be an asset.
- Good communication skill and experience working in a multi-national environment.
The ALDE Party is a registered European political Party and its Staff is working in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law.
The Data Analyst will be based in Brussels. To apply, please send a CV (without headshot) and letter of motivation to email@example.com by Sunday, 07 February, mentioning the vacancy reference “data analyst” and your first and second names in the subject line.