As a Data Scientist, you will lead the development of analytics solutions based on machine learning & statistical predictive algorithms for clients of Data & AI to solve some of their most pressing challenges. We are looking for experienced data scientists with extensive hands-on experience in machine and deep learning, statistical modeling, and software development, proven scientific research skills, and technical leadership as well as commercial experience required to apply these skills in a consulting-based project environment.Responsibilities include:
Experience Profile:We are looking for the following experience profile:
- Assessment of client requirements and the design of solutions to address them based on data analysis, data science, technology, and business process design.
- Financial business case development.
- Data science project and resource planning.
- Program leadership including delivery team leadership and stakeholder management.
- Development of operating models and strategies for clients in analytics and data science.
- Provision of advice to clients on approaches to solving complex business problems through the application of technology and data analysis.
- Mentoring of more junior team members in data science, consulting, and advisory skills.
- Supporting the development of the company brand through participation in communities, blogs, forums, or other public domains under the headline of data science, analytics, or related topics.
- Lead on the development of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistical algorithms and solutions using R and Python.
- Prepare advanced data analyses and present results of these analyses to business stakeholders.
- Engage with clients throughout the lifecycle of the project on both advisory and delivery assignments.
- Participate in pre-sales activities to demonstrate how data science and statistics may be applied for the commercial advantage of potential clients.
- Develop solution prototypes and deliver CRP (Conference Room Pilot) sessions.
- Define and help to design the analytics solution architecture from a pragmatic standpoint.
- Take a lead role in client project delivery to help client engagements through to a commercially successful conclusion.
- Lead and support blended teams of colleagues, client, and partner resources to help share knowledge and develop an integrated delivery ethic.
- Support the ongoing development of the Data Science practice technically.
- Significant experience in the design and build of data science solutions for customers.
- Hands-on experience in data science, machine learning and statistical analytics.
- Experience in data analytics, BI, data warehousing, a data platform development or other relevant hands-on technical experience.
- Understanding of structured and unstructured data analysis, streaming data, IoT, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and related topical analytics fields.
- Understanding of data science methodologies and the processes of data scientists follow in problem-solving.
- Significant experience in implementing/deploying in Azure/AWS/GCP
- Able to manage teams across multiple projects.
- Comfortable actively engaging and leading sales and business development opportunities with clients.
- The extensive commercial or academic experience of developing ML & AI solutions using R and Python.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience and skills in developing complex query structures with SQL and/or NoSQL query languages.
- Strong business analysis skills and a deep understanding of analytics.
- Proven scientific research skills (published scientific papers and/or scientific conference presentations).
- Advanced degree (Ph.D.) in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied mathematics, or statistics.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of deep learning techniques (TensorFlow, Theano, MXNet, Microsoft DMTK).
- Experience with big data stack (Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Hive & Pig) and NoSQL stores.
- Experience with distributed machine learning (RHadoop, Spark MLlib).
- Strong algorithmic and programming skills in Java or C/C++ or C# or Scala.
- A solid grounding in applied mathematics, especially optimization and graph theory, and statistics.
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
- Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous parental leave
- Corporate private health insurance discounts
- Up to 80 hours of training per year
Please APPLY only if you are an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident with full working rights.