Our best employees are collaborative and selfless. They enjoy working on data but they prioritize mentoring and supporting others. They are involved in the full lifecycle of data science: understanding the problem, investigating the data, building the model, testing the model, testing the integration, deploying it to production, and monitoring the deployment. They are fully engaged in the problem domain.
We see it as a prerequisite that candidates possess and demonstrate a desire to lead from the front in improving a supportive, empathetic team; we expect candidates to be trusted and beloved by their teammates such that they become technical and emotional anchors for the rest of the team and department.
Flashpoint is the globally trusted leader in risk intelligence for organizations that demand the fastest, most comprehensive coverage of threatening activity on the internet. From bolstering cyber and physical security, to detecting fraud and insider threats, Flashpoint partners with customers across the private and public sectors to help them rapidly identify threats and mitigate their most critical security risks. Flashpoint is backed by Georgian Partners, Greycroft Partners, TechOperators, K2 Intelligence, Jump Capital, Leaders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, and Cisco Investments. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.What You Will Do
What You Will Bring
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive improvement of data products.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to enhance our products and data offerings.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to organize and label data.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
What Else Would Be Great
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, NumPy, SQL, etc).
- Machine Learning experience (Supervised/Unsupervised Learning, Deep Learning, Learning-to-Rank, NLP, etc.) with an understanding of their real-world advantages and drawbacks.
- Expertise in designing, implementing, and validating models using ML/Deep Learning libraries such as: Tensorflow, Pytorch, Scikit-Learn, SparkML etc.
- Experience with pre-trained models and fine-tuning (transfer learning).
- Experience with NLP Models: Document classification, Document Similarity, Entity Extraction, Embeddings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams. Able to explain model results to different stakeholders
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- An experimental mindset and MVP approach.
- An organized work ethic.
- A humble attitude and persistence to learn and to Get Stuff Done Right.
What You Will Achieve
- In-depth knowledge of Search Engines and Information Retrieval Systems.
- Experience in second-pass ranking systems using deep learning and NLP technologies to improve initial search results retrieval.
- Experience running A/B experiments to validate search improvements.
- Experience working with deep and dark web data or other analysis of criminal or bad actor activity.
- Experience using Web services, Data Warehouses, and Distributed Computing tools (Machine Learning APIs, BigQuery, Redshift, S3, Map/Reduce, Spark, etc)
- Experience working with and creating data architectures with a focus on machine learning.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Looker, Metabase, Matplotlib, Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
Salary: $140,000/yr - $180,000/yr plus bonus
- Within 30 days
- You will have gained a general understanding of the company's goals, how these translate to the different products, and how these are made possible or improved by ML. On the technical side, you have explored different Flashpoint datasets and the current state of the Data Science projects. You will have met all the teams involved in such projects. At the end of this period you will be able to start proposing new upgrades and improvements to the current ML efforts.
- Within 60 days
- You now have a deeper understanding of the current products, their involved teams, and the data process of inputs and outputs. You are familiar with the raw data available for ML, their particularities and nuances, their pre-processing, and output. Working with multiple stakeholders, a set of Search Relevance deliverables have been defined and the initial stages for their implementation are underway.
- By 90 days
- You have gained full confidence and now you are spearheading the Data Science efforts inside the company. You are providing assistance and relevant feedback to the multiple projects you are involved in or are related to ML. The Search Relevance improvements are now in an advanced developed state, if not fully deployed, they are in the final validation steps.
Why Flashpoint is a great place to work
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company's culture isn't something you join, it's something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That's why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.