Global Surveillance Transaction Monitoring Data Scientist
As a Barclays Global Surveillance Transaction Monitoring Data Scientist at Barclays, you will predominantly focus on the development and optimisation of Surveillance and TM solutions for in-scope Barclays UK (BUK) and Barclays International (BI) businesses and locations; supporting the development, implementation and optimisation of automated Surveillance and TM automated solutions and capabilities supporting the development of the Financial Crime Data Lake (FIDA) and Group Data Architecture (Optimus).
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting regular review and optimisation of Surveillance and TM solutions (vendor or bespoke), maximising effectiveness and efficiency and ensuring a risk-based approach is taken
- Developing and implementing strategic investment projects, providing clear requirements, acting as the ‘voice of the customer’ and taking responsibility for the end product
- Operationalising and developing bespoke monitoring and oversight solutions within our Financial Crime Data Lake, including rules, models, typologies, profiles and dashboards
- Ensuring Surveillance and TM solutions are rigorously built and embedded into routine processes, enabling proactive identification of money laundering and financial crime risks
- Building and maintaining ongoing feedback loop from key business areas / processes and ensure that requirements are incorporated into developing and optimising solutions
- Developing new / innovative methods to visualise effectiveness of Surveillance and TM solutions, ensuring relevant data has been correctly sourced, enriched and integrated
- Supporting the identification and on boarding of new and relevant datasets based on the requirements of the Financial Crime function
What we’re looking for:
• Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or similar appropriate degree
- Knowledge of the UK and Global Financial Crime regulatory framework and an appreciation of Financial Crime, Market Surveillance, AML and transaction monitoring / detection
- Experience in utilising analytical data science tools (SQL, Python, Scala etc.) for data exploration, analysis and visualisation, ideally within Financial Services / Financial Crime or a similar field
- Experience in development of data visualisations / dashboards, preferably Tableau or similar (Olikview, Oliksense, PowerBI) and exposure to common Transaction Monitoring systems
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid organisational skills, managing competing priorities and demands to achieve goals and deliver results, forward thinking and striving to innovate, identify and improve solutions
- Ability to solve problems logically and / or creatively, demonstrating professional judgment, quality control and adherence to high standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong record of building relationships and engaging across a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.