Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As a Data Scientist you will shape the future of people-facing and business-facing products we build at Pinterest. Your expertise in quantitative modeling, experimentation and algorithms will be utilized to solve some of the most complex engineering challenges at the company. You will collaborate on a wide array of product and business problems with a diverse set of cross-functional partners across Product, Engineering, Design, Research, Product Analytics, Data Engineering and others. The results of your work will influence and uplevel our product development teams while introducing greater scientific rigor into the real world products serving hundreds of millions of pinners, creators, advertisers and merchants around the world. In this role, you will work closely with the world class personalization and user understanding teams, who are building signals, fundamental machine learning innovations, and generating leaps that make Pinterest the best place for you to discover and realize your inspiration.What You’ll Do
What We’re Looking For
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to shape the future of how personalization on Pinterest looks and feels with data driven decision making
- Define success for new features, projects, and initiatives in a holistic manner that balances trade-offs between multiple other product areas, and generate top line impact
- Design and analyze experiments that causally establish core learnings around progress towards goals and Pinner experiences
- Perform deep dive analysis to understand and optimize the key levers of personalization product team
- Work cross-functionally to build and communicate key insights, identify product opportunities and offer recommendations to leadership
- Work with product managers and engineers to design and operationalize data products that enable them self serve insights
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis or statistical modeling in a fast-paced, data-driven environment; strong experimentation expertise
- Ability to manipulate large data sets with high dimensionality and complexity; fluency in SQL and Python or R
- A scientifically rigorous approach to analysis and data, and a well-tuned sense of skepticism, attention to detail and commitment to high-quality, results-oriented output
- Knowledgeable about best practices around data manipulation, building data pipelines, feature engineering, and creating dashboards
- Ability to lead end to end initiatives and communicate findings with leadership and product teams to quickly turn insights into actions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain learnings to both technical and non-technical partners
- Experience working with recommendation systems, or ML teams is preferred
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
US based applicants only
$172,500—$258,700 USDOur Commitment To Diversity
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.