It’s our mission to share our passion for music videos with the world and invite people to experience music beyond listening: to see music
XITE is dedicated to building the best music video experience in the world. Based in Amsterdam, XITE now reaches 100 million households across multiple territories through linear networks, interactive TV apps and on-demand streaming services. The company revolutionized the way audiences experience music videos by allowing viewers to search, like and skip through its entire catalog, enjoy channels curated by its team of music experts and create their own channel based on a genre, decade, style or mood using its unique Mixer feature. XITE has a full music video catalog through agreements with all major and top independent music labels and distributors, and works to expand this offering every day.
About The Role
We are looking for a passionate Medior/ Senior Data Engineer to join us. Together with the rest of the team you will be responsible for the overall Data Stack performance and architecture, software and service development in the data domain. Our Data Stack includes Python, Scala, Kafka, ClickHouse, Docker, Bazel, Kubernetes, GCP, Github, CircleCI, Superset and many other, mostly open source, technologies. To accomplish your goals you will be part of a Data Engineering team, working closely with the Data Science, Data Analytics and Backend Engineering teams, as well as other technical teams within XITE. It's possible to work fully remote within this role.
- Design, develop, deploy, scale and maintain ETLs, data pipelines and data services in production.
- Resolve problems, with end-to-end ownership of data quality in our core datasets and data pipelines.
- Design data models, tables, data structures, improve on data storage architecture and queries performance across various business domains within the company.
- Assist colleagues across technical challenges.
- Review, maintain, refactor and extend distributed systems in production. Support other teams for usage and integration with those systems.
- Maintain the technical excellence of the data and software engineering practice.
- Work with the Product Manager and other stakeholders, taking part in forming, prioritizing and executing data engineering backlog.
- At least 3+ years of proven professional experience as a Data Engineer, Software Engineer or related position, working with systems and data infrastructure at scale.
- Software Engineering experience with proficiency in Python and/or Scala
- Experience with crafting and building large scale data pipelines in distributed environments with technologies such as Kafka, ClickHouse, Elastic, Cassandra, Spark, etc.
- Experience optimizing data models, pipelines and procedures for performance, cost, and usability.
- Knowledge of the main architecture models and concepts like replication, sharding, consistency, horizontal and vertical scaling, quorum, idempotency.
- Experience in supervising and mentoring team members is a plus.
- Ability to drive and take the lead in projects from a technical perspective is a plus.
- Understanding of (basic) analytics and machine learning concepts is a plus.
- Preferably a university degree in Software Engineering or other relevant field or comparable work experience.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Our Tech Stack
- Python, Scala.
- Kafka, ClickHouse, ElasticSearch, GCP.
- Bazel, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Github, CircleCI, Ansible, Superset, and many other, mostly open source, technologies.
- SQL, NoSQL and DBMS/OLAP.
- Ansible and Terraform.
Our hiring process
- Apply: Apply for a role and we will contact you
- HR Interview: One of our recruiters will contact you, because we'd really like to find out more about you and to see if there is a culture fit between you and XITE. During this interview you can ask all your questions about the company.
- Technical interview: In this interview with our Director of Engineering and our Data Engineer you will get to know more about the role and they are curious about your technical experience.
- Technical interview: We will dive into your Technical assignment with two XITE colleagues. You will also have the opportunity to ask all your own questions.
- Final team interview: in this final interview you will meet the rest of the team of XITE.
- Reference check: We ask you for 2 references that we can give a call and ask a few questions as a part of our hiring process.
- Offer: Hopefully with our offer we can welcome you to the team of XITE!
Working at XITE
Here at XITE we make sure you’re taken care of by providing you the opportunity to develop your career in a young, fast growing and international company. We provide a challenging work environment where you have a lot of autonomy and flexible working hours. We don’t hire assholes! All XITE’ers are different and authentic in their own way, but we all have kindness in common, as well as professionalism and an optimistic attitude. Let’s not forget - we have a passion for good music and good food. That’s why we have chef prepared lunches, Friday afternoon drinks and rooftop parties! Click here to see our benefits.
Up for the challenge? Then hit that ‘Apply for this Job’ button!