How will I help?
As a Breach Data Analyst you will be responsible for managing analytics within the Breach Governance team for the Customer Services & Technology Division. You will perform targeted reviews and undertake data analysis to support breach management, including investigations, rectification work and remediation programs.
- Responsible for Breach Governance end to end for breaches reportable to ASIC including root cause investigation, customer impact assessment, rectification design and planning and liaising with customer/staff remediation teams;
- Oversight of breach reporting, investigation reports (and any updates) in relation to reportable breaches;
- Support the discovery phase of incident and issue investigations, rectification and remediation through providing data analysis and insights;
- Engagement and co-ordination of stakeholders from across the group including other Lines of Business / Business Functions, Risk, Compliance, Transformation and Technology as required for breaches associated with your Business Function;
- Reviewing breach reports prior to submission to ensure that language and tone is consistent and appropriate for submission to the Regulator;
What’s in it for me?
You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world’s great service companies. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
What do I need?
- Minimum 3 years in the financial services industry.
- Tertiary or post graduate qualification in a mathematical/finance/quantitative discipline.
- Strong product & business acumen
- Proven experience driving complex initiatives/projects in a matrix environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to convey complex topics to a lay audience
- Self-starter attitude and you are comfortable working in rapidly changing environment
What’s it like to work there?
As well as competitive remuneration and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you will get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market.
We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We will even pay you to do volunteer or community work.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility – and champions inclusion.
How do I Apply?
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
The Westpac Group has implemented an Entry to Workplace Policy that requires employees and others entering our workplaces to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by relevant dates set out in the policy (subject to applicable medical exemptions). Our employees are required to comply with the policy regardless of whether they are in customer-facing or non-customer-facing roles (as employees in non-customer-facing roles are required to attend the workplace under our Hybrid Working Strategy). Further, the Westpac Group is required to comply with State/Territory issued public health orders/directions which require relevant workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter workplaces.
By applying for this role, you acknowledge that you are aware of our Entry to Workplace Policy , and if you secure employment with us, you will be required to comply with the policy.