Title: Machine Learning Engineer
Overview of Position
We are looking for a machine learning engineer to join a team building the next generation of image-based AI models to impact healthcare. You will be building, maintaining and improving all parts of the AI development pipeline from data ingestion to production. You will enjoy working with a highly talented and diverse team of data scientists and engineers specializing in deep learning on one of the richest data sets in US healthcare
The ideal candidate will have a background in cloud-native development, have experience building web applications and Machine Learning Platforms, and deploying data-driven solutions. You are focused on results, a self-starter, able to put the team first, and have demonstrated success working with data scientists to develop and deploy solutions with a focus on impact.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Provide technical leadership, implementation, and maintenance for Software Engineering projects supporting our AI and machine learning goals
- Modifies, implements, tests, and supports all product-related technology and functionality, including software infrastructure in a GCP hosted environment
- Demonstrates strong drive to learn and advocate for development best practices (TDD, code reviews, CI/CD, etc.)
- Design, build, and launch efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data (both large and small amounts)
- Self-starter that will take tasks and accomplish them with little oversight according to timelines and budgets agreed upon with business and technology stakeholders
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 3+ years of professional software deployment experience with cloud-based software (Preferably GCP)
- 3+ years experience building/consuming REST web services
- 1+ years professional experience with Kubernetes, NGINX, VM, Database, GKE
- 1+ years of experience in Python
- Proficiency with TDD and CI/CD processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experiences
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Basic understanding or willingness to learn machine learning techniques
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Proven leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Basic understanding of cloud security software engineering
- Experience with ML infrastructure development cycles
- Familiarity with ML tools such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, MLFlow
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!