Chemist for Process Development Downstream – Expert
Walloon Brabant – Contracting
#chemistry #downstream #processdevelopment #purification #pharma #gmp
You have experience in process development downstream ? You have an eye for details and for work well done? Keep reading your future job description.
Our partner is looking for a Chemist for Process Development Downstream – Expert to join its team. This international company is active in the pharmaceutical sector.
What are your responsibilities?
As Chemist for Process Development Downstream – Expert , you will be in charge of the development and management of the downstream processes for API. To be successful in your role, here are your main tasks:
- Act as a strong leader : keep high level of discipline and rigor, motivate people , maintain a good team spirit.
- Implement “ empowerment ” throughout the organization.
- Ensure proper training of the personnel : projects, chemistry, technology, equipment, cGMP, safety, ...
- Define the budget for the managed projects.
- Ensure an efficient control loop .
- Control fixed costs according to target.
- R&D : to manage equipment in the DPS labs associated with their specific task..
- Planning : in collaboration with the planner, optimize the PDU production plan.
- RAMS : assure that risk analysis is done properly towards production equipment.
- Assure that the Downstream projects are running according to expectations (QEHS, timelines, yield, cost improvements). For that, assure that standard unit procedures are defined for the main activities.
- Assure that the batch record system, standard templates are in line with current safety and cGMP guidelines.
- Assure that the micro plan works properly and that the right priorities are set on a daily basis in order to keep the production plan.
- Monitor progress on the different projects.
- Identify improvement potentials , quantify them and set the right priorities for process optimization .
- React on failures/deviations and initiate appropriate measures in order to increase the overall system performance .
- Manage and reduce the chemical products waste flow and ensure a risk analysis on the products used.
- Represent the Downstream department and projects in audits (customers, internal) .
- Perform the lab scale process definition .
- Qualify the industrial process: set up of a robust production (quality, productivity, safety).
- Optimize the process: perform the development production batches including validation. Transfer the process to manufacturing .
- Manage the project timeline and projects cost.
- Ensure customer project coordination and communication of 2 to 3 specific projects in a constructive and proactive way in order to maintain our partner’s customer relationship management as one key competitive advantage.
Who are you?
You hold a Phd or a master degree in chemistry . Ideally, you have 5 years of industrial experience in purification and process development . You have a relevant expertise and strong experience in downstream process development (HPLC, isolation techniques, etc) applied to the pharmaceutical environment . You have an excellent knowledge in organic chemistry and in peptide . You speak fluently French and English. You have good skills in communication and leadership . You have an excellent team spirit and you have an adaptability to priorities adjustment and entrepreneurial skills.
What can you expect?
Jefferson Wells offers you a permanent contract as consultant with an attractive salary package and will give you access to trainings in technical matters and soft skills. We will be your career partner for each step along the way.
You’re interested in this job? We kindly invite you to apply. Do you have any questions? You can contact Marie Defruit, marie.defruit[AT]jeffersonwells.be.