Our next data engineer loves putting data and statistics to their most productive uses. As a teammate who appreciates evidence-based decision making, your interest in statistics is only matched by your technical curiosity in areas like Python, SQL or GIS. With a focus on enabling team members and an eye toward automation in pipeline development, you are energized by providing unique insight to customers and internal teams alike. Python, SQL, ETL, GIS, statistics, urban planning, economics, and demographics interest and experience are all applicable.
The kind of problems you'll help us solve:
- How do we enable the data science team to do their work better?
- How do we add value to our customers' or organization's data sources?
- How do we continue to improve the customer data experience?
How you'll solve those problems:
- Amplify our data science.
- Create a working toolkit for science team members to complete customer projects at scale.
- Help others ensure that data is faithfully represented as it's transformed and visualized.
- Elevate data sources for our customers' and organization.
- Build repeatable and scalable pipeline solutions.
- Use sophisticated techniques to enrich and enhance data in our proprietary library and for our customers.
- Improve, augment, and maintain existing data pipelines.
- Support creation and automation of customer projects and pipelines.
- Contributing, researching, and verifying specifications for data transformations and enhancements then implementing logic to perform these transformations in an efficient, scalable, and flexible manner.
- Suggesting and prototyping ways to enrich our existing data products
- Support delivery of complex customer projects through effective team collaboration and communication
You'll help us solve those problems if you:
- Superior attention to detail with strong organizational and project management skills
- Desire to take ownership of tasks, work independently, and meet deadlines
- A curious and inquisitive approach to problem-solving
- Have a Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field is highly preferred
- Experience in data handling, data analysis, and technology
- Experience writing data processing pipelines using modern programming methods