Data Scientist - Modeling
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Creating the future of smart mobility requires the highly intelligent use of data, metrics and analytics. That’s where you can make an impact as part of our Global Data Insight & Analytics team. We are the trusted advisers that enable Ford to clearly see business conditions, customer needs and the competitive landscape. With our support, key decision makers can act in meaningful, positive ways. Join us and use your data expertise and analytical skills to drive evidence-based, timely decision making.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Apply data mining, data modeling, and machine learning to extract raw data from Hadoop and Hive storage
- Prepare and transform data into meaningful information using analytic programming languages (e.g. Python, C+, R) to develop mathematical/regression equations that help solve business-related problems
- Utilize advanced modeling and simulation techniques to optimize the performance of Ford Business Units. Including: attribution modeling, statistics, optimization and other advanced techniques to be applied to solve real-world problems
- Visualize, interpret and report data findings using technical tools such as Alteryx, Qlikview and Tableau
- Analyze market impact of vehicle quality and freshening, marketing, incentives, advertisement spending, sales volumes, vehicle features and contents on vehicle transaction price, residual value, revenue, and profit
- Responsible to develop Best-In-Class (BIC) models to maximize profit by optimizing production planning, inventory, sales, and incentives, as well as creating econometric models for residual improvement
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Data Analytics or a related field of study
- 2+ years of experience in R, Python, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, Qlikview, Hadoop, Hive, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 2+ years of experience with statistical analysis.
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's degree or PhD in Statistics, Data Analytics or a related field of study
- Attention to detail, time management and willingness to learn
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills are required for this job
- Familiarity with Ford’s products globally
- Capability of carrying out independent technical work in close collaboration with business-partners is a plus.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://clicktime.symantec.com/34jag92XUFJYHaNge9RMLCD7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorporate.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcorporate%2Fus%2Fen-us%2Fdocuments%2Fcareers%2F2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf