GCIO is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer/Data Scientist (Data Modeling) who will apply organizational modeling skill sets and methods to support building processes that manage and improve OIT’s response posture to system events impacting end users and Veterans. This includes working with business partners to improve communication and responsiveness to application failures by minimizing impacts in performance degradation and availability, working towards a significant reduction in application downtime and impact to the users. In this role you will directly support an analytics team lead to support the initiatives deliverables.
- Conduct quantitative analysis using operations research tools, economics, and other quantitative techniques in the areas of procedural implementations and performance issues.
- Support creation modeling procedures and works with team lead to facilitate analysis and gather requirements to support inputs.
- Perform modeling and simulation functions or operations such as, but not limited to exercises, plans, coordination, demonstrations, and instruction in applicable fields.
- Support the finding and leverage methods to extract difficult or unstructured data from systems and systems data
- Use modern data analytics and business intelligence tools (ex: R, SAS, Python, Splunk, ITSI, Simio, , Pyramid, Power BI, others) to mine data from systems, compile and compare data sources, and identify impactful trends or insight related to Major Incident Management (MIM), Problem Management (PM), High Priority Incident (HPI), and Critical Priority Incident (CPI), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Support the collection, development, and/or editing of content for white papers and other communication devices; and assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of executive communication to effect process improvement.
- Support the vision of the overall user experience across all creative disciplines by participating in human-centered design, information architecture, usability, and other applicable best practices
- Support the optimizing overall customer and end-user experience across all engagement and interactions.
Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree is preferred in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related fields.
- 5+ years of relative experience
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education (13-15 years total)
- Expert modeling analysis and direction on data from systems and human factors
- Specialist in modeling and simulation functions or operations such as, but not limited to exercises, plans, coordination, demonstrations, and instruction in applicable fields.
- Experience with data analytics and business intelligence tools (ex: R, SAS, Python, others) to mine data from systems, compile and compare data sources, and identify impactful trends or insight.
- Ability to communicate and present findings, material, or other pertinent information with contract leadership, client and business stakeholders, and team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.