Cloud Data Engineer - AWS
The Cloud Data Engineer (AWS) will be responsible for utilizing their analytical and programming skills to analyze and interpret large sets data in Cloud environment and On-premise data. Working with project lead and other business leaders you will be responsible for defining objectives, determining timelines and advanced business analysis and presentation of results to the lead.Highly Desired Skills:
AWS, Big Data, Databricks, Spark, Python/Java/Scala, SQL
- Define technical scope and objectives through research and participation in requirements gathering and definition of processes
- Ingest and Process data from various sources in raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured format into Big Data ecosystem
- Real time data feed processing using Big Data ecosystem
- Design, review, implement and optimize data transformation processes in Big Data ecosystem
- Test and prototype new data integration tools, techniques and methodologies
- Participate in overall test planning for the application integrations, functional areas and projects.
- Work with cross functional teams in an Agile/Scrum environment to ensure a quality product is delivered
- AWS cloud and associated services
- expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem
- Spark, Yarn, Kafka, Oozie, HBase, Hive, Spark, HDFS, MapReduce etc.
- Hadoop distributions like Cloudera (preferred)
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to the new cloud platforms / technologies
- Extensive development experience in Python/Java
- Hands-on expertise with application design and software development in Big Data across one or more platforms, languages, and tools.(Hadoop/ Spark/ HIVE/ NoSQL & SQL Databases).
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases(Mysql, Oracle etc.)
- Expertise in Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, Spark and Impala.
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patterns and Strong programming knowledge in Java.
- Extensive experiencing in application, integration, system and regression testing, including demonstration of automation and other CI/CD efforts.
- Expert knowledge on Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Awareness on Dimensional modelling concepts.
- Strong knowledge on Oracle SQL, ETL performance tuning and UNIX scripting.
- Experience with version control software’s like GIT and CI/CD testing/automation experience.
- Experience with Scala is desirable
- Strong understanding of data analytics and data visualization
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent one-on-one communication and presentation skills, specifically able to convey technical information in a clear and unambiguous manner
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system
What we offer:
- Technically focused Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, etc.
- Master Degree is a plus
- EXL Health offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions.
- From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class analytics consultants.
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- Analytics requires different skill sets at different levels within the organization. At EXL Health, we invest heavily in training you in all aspects of analytics as well as in leading analytical tools and techniques.
We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Health sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond.