Dining Alliance is the largest group purchasing organization for independent restaurants in the United States. We combine the buying power of tens of thousands of independent restaurants all across the country, then negotiate contracts with manufacturers of the items that restaurants purchase ever day in order to help the restaurants reduce their costs and increase their profitability. Our programs are entirely free for restaurants to join – offering a wide range of savings opportunities across all areas of spend including meat, produce, seafood, dairy, paper + disposables, uniforms, equipment, baked goods, technology and more. Dining Alliance is part of Buyers Edge Platform, a Digital Procurement Network that services stakeholders throughout the foodservice supply chain. Dining Alliance exists to help independent restaurants succeed!
Dining Alliance is committed and passionate about our mission: to keep independent restaurants thriving by saving them money and increasing the quality of their products. We still keep an entrepreneurial spirit, but also maintain a balance with working together as a team.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking to hire a Strategic Data Analyst who is a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to mine through complex data. This is a pivotal role in generating new topline revenue for Dining Alliance and it has great advancement opportunities. You will work on the Partner Programs Department analyzing purchasing reports with intent of saving money to support our Supplier Partners in gaining new target business, as well as retaining existing accounts in a competitive industry. You are extremely organized, can streamline processes, manage time effectively without being micromanaged, and you have an acute sense of detail.
This role will ideally be based in one of our 3 office locations: Waltham, MA; New London, CT or Lake Worth, FL but can also be based remotely. We are unable to provide sponsorship for work authorization for this role.
What you'll be doing with us:
- Assist Data & Analytics Manager in preparing strategic data analysis to generate revenue
- Work directly with Channel/Supplier Partners, as well as internal leaders to identify analytical requirements
- Sort through disjointed information and emails to ensure accuracy of required information and communicate necessary adjustments
- Process and prepare strategic purchasing reports utilizing various resources to identify potential savings opportunities
- Analyze reports and presentations for accuracy prior to presentation, and provide specifics regarding recommendations
- Present complex savings opportunities in layman’s terms to our valued Supplier Partners & internal Employee
- Collaborate with internal team, external supplier partners, operational teams, as well as potential and existing members
- Frequent and timely follow-up and collaboration with Supplier Partners to assure opportunity is moving along
- Record and keep organized all email communication for each opportunity
- Use Salesforce as needed
- Communicate with support staff to log activity and record all new contacts and conversion activity in a timely manner
- Work on special projects
- Familiarize and test new implemented technology
- Respond and follow up to ad hoc requests and reports- usage reports, item allowance requests, cost comparisons, general inquiries
Requirements for the role:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years of equivalent experience in data analysis
- Advanced Excel knowledge is a must (ability to do pivot tables, vlook-ups)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Interpret results using various techniques
- Attention to detaills
- Outstanding communication, customer relations, presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to change and shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to learn, use, and implement new technologies
- Show initiative
- No food service experience is required- we value drive and cultural fit
What's in this for you?
Amazing coverages to start. Medical, dental, and vision coverages are just the beginning! We also offer ancillary plans, such as flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care, critical illness, accident, and voluntary life as well as company paid life and long-term-disability plans! On top of this, we also offer a 401(k) plan with company match.
Invest in your success. We will provide you with a thorough training and development program, offer competitive compensation.
Live well = Work well. Relax with our Personal Responsibility Paid Time Off policy where you don’t have to accrue time off in order to take it! We have half-day Summer Fridays!
Dining Alliance welcomes all.
Dining Alliance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.