About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
THE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for identifying and designing Data Science models by application of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence on various datasets to solve business problems.
- You will be responsible for analytics and business interpretation of developed models to present results and recommendations of your analysis to various stakeholders.
- You will be cooperating with internal clients (both technical and non-technical) from various Bank departments to define project requirements and adjust analytics solution to the business needs.
- You will be working together with your teammates to enhance problem solving and apply critical thinking during development of advanced analytics solutions.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 3+ years of experience in Data Science field.
- Preferably higher education in one of the following fields: Math / Quantitative Methods / Econometrics / Information Systems, Physics.
- Fluency in at least one of the following programming languages: Python or R.
- Practical Experience in Econometrics modelling, Machine Learning (classification, regression), Natural Language Processing, optimization algorithms, segmentation methods, time-series analysis.
- Experience in relational databases using SQL and Big Data platforms (e.g. Spark).
- Experience in visualising insights and presenting to the stakeholders.
- Experience with Version Control Systems (e.g. GIT).
- Independence in delivering end-to-end analytics solutions (through cooperation with other data related teams).
- Experience in model deployment in production.
- Problem solving skills, analytical thinking & critical thinking approach.