Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
The intermediate Data Engineer will work as a part of a team working on building data pipelines to support various analytical use cases like BI & Reporting. The role involves hands-on data engineering and the development of end-to-end data pipelines (processes supporting data ingestion, curation, visualization, and delivery leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services). A vital skill to have will also be translation of business requirements to technical solutions, working with development teams, architects and business analysts conformance to enterprise standards, architecture and technologies.Responsibilities
What motivates you?
- Delivery of modernization of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams using ADF and Databricks
- Gain deep understanding of data and building data products by understanding analytic requirements and consolidating data from various sources using Synapse
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics
- Expose data to end-users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps, or any other modern visualization platform or experience
- Finds opportunities for new architectural initiatives make recommendations on the increasing scalability and adaptability of platforms and solutions
- Participate in Agile sprints and ceremonies; support rapid iteration and development
- Develop, maintain, and test data pipelines, application framework, infrastructure for data generation
What We Are Looking For
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What can we offer you?
- 2 + years of previous data engineering experience, with 1+ years of experience working in enabling azure related data technologies
- Good knowledge of Azure Databricks, ADF, ADLS, Synapse, Power BI is required
- Solid understanding of Python, Spark, and T-SQL
- Knowledge of Azure networking – Subnets, private endpoints, firewalls etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of Jenkins/GIT – using pipelines for deployment
- Knowledge of implementing azure technologies and networking via terraform
Our commitment to you
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
- Values-first culture: We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity: We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation: We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship: We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About John Hancock And Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.