Delaware North is searching for Lead Data Engineer to join our Information Technology (IT) organization's Data Products and Services team. The work this team does is the foundation of company initiatives meant to automate business processes, gather insights, and make more informed decisions. Using Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offerings and open source software, you will join the team in aggregating, processing, cataloging, and distributing large data sets throughout our global organization, client base, and partners.
Our stack includes Apigee, API Gateway, Python, Django, Apache Airflow, MongoDB, and Amazon Web Services resources such as Lambda, EBS, and S3.
- Design and implement project-based solutions.
- Implement data platform improvements and new features.
- Assist the support team with the resolution of data platform bug fixes.
- Interface with clients, vendors, and internal users of the data platform on understanding the data.
- Participate in group design and architecture sessions.
- Author documentation for standard operating procedures, knowledge base articles, etc.
- Develop integration tests to validate solutions.
- Analyze data and make recommendations to optimize current business operations.
- Understands the needs of SMEs with the opportunity to carry over to additional Delaware North subsidiaries.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments, with the ability to effectively communicate and influence colleagues and senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or similar STEM field preferred.
- 4+ years of experience working with data and data analytics development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with ETL processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
- Proficiency in communicating with clients, partners, and team members.
- Working knowledge of data structures and formats such as JSON and XML.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with business users and vendors to address development issues.
- Ability to effectively triage and track issues through to resolution.
- Passion for delivering high-quality and meaningful results.
- Technical specification and use case (story) documentation, such as UML, Domain and Entity-Relationship Modeling, Business Process Notation.
- Working knowledge of data persistence methods such as NoSQL and RDBMS (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB).
- Working knowledge or best CI/CD practices.
- Experience building data transformation pipelines.
- Familiarity with data mapping and transformation techniques.
- Preferred skills and experience include:
- Familiarity with RESTful Web Services, ETL, and microservices.
- Integration testing and automation using a continuous integration (CI) platform.
- Familiarity with cloud computing, analysis & implementation experience (bonus if it relates to Amazon Web Services specifically).
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.