As a Senior Analytics Data Engineer, you will build data structures and pipelines to enable a rapidly growing team of Data Scientists and Analysts. You will form part of the analytics engineering organization responsible for enabling innovation through data exploration.
This role can be performed remotely near one of our office locations in Draper, UT or Glendale, AZ.
You will be at the forefront of this rapidly evolving field and working closely with other specialists in the data & analytics space (Data Analysts, Data Scientists, DataOps Engineers). Most importantly, you’ll be part of a team that forms the backbone of a fast-growing company at the forefront of an exciting, growing industry.
- Work in a self-directed but not isolated manner. Take ownership of the technical work you and your team create
- Enable our data analysts and scientists to perform data exploration activities with as much autonomy as possible
- Collaborate with business data partners to rapidly iterate on new metrics / datasets and promote the results into a governed Enterprise Data Warehouse
- During the normal course of work, contribute tests that improve data quality in our Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Proactively identify areas for operational improvement in the data delivery space and collaborate with the rest of the data engineering team to achieve those goals
- Help team operate current data platform (on-prem SQL Server) while migrating to new data platform (Snowflake) using a new data transformation architecture
- Leverage platform in order to turn data into usable assets
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.)
- 5+ years' professional experience in data & analytics/software engineering or 3+ years' professional experience and a graduate degree in relevant field
- 3+ years' experience moving data between systems, ideally into an analytical system
- Advanced understanding and able to explain different data storage technologies at an expert level with in depth knowledge and experience in at least one technology (such as Hadoop, SQL Server, Cassandra, Snowflake, Azure Data Lake Gen2)
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling, SQL, and optimization techniques
- Seasoned experience modeling data to be consumed in a BI technology (such as Power BI, Tableau, Excel, Looker, ThoughtSpot, SAP Business Objects)
- Deployed production code in more than one programming or scripting language (such as Python, R, Java, C#, PowerShell, bash)
- Advanced understanding modern data warehouse practices
- Advanced understanding of modern software development and engineering practices
- Advanced understanding different levels of technical ability in business users (data analysts, data scientists, management) and can speak at those levels
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI + LTI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Hours
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job required equipment and services
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000 retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.