We are looking for recent Computer Science majors with at least 2 years of Python experience to join our Data Engineering team. You will report to a senior Data Engineer who will act as a mentor introducing you to the world of Data Science and Financial Technology while helping you put your Python skills to the test.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply Now!
- Full-time Remote Work / EMEA shift
- Competitive Salary (Php 40,000-75,000) and Medical Benefits
- Great Opportunity for Junior Developer or DevOps to be introduced to Data Science and Fintech
As a Junior Data Engineer, you will work report to a Senior Data Engineer who will act as a mentor as you work closely with our Data Insights and DevOps Teams to contribute to the build out of our Data Management Platform and associated services. The Data Engineering team is responsible for building the automation infrastructure and workflow to extract, validate, transform, and ingest large datasets from a variety of sources, and ensuring the integrated systems are robust and can scale to support our growth.
As part of our Data Engineering team, you will have an important role in the development and operation of our strategic Performance Data Service offering. You will contribute to the building out and continuous improvement of the service and platform while working with the Client Success team to align with client requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of hands-on work experience with Python.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Additional Skills to bring to the table:
- Knowledgeable with SQL, windowing, and aggregation functions
- Knowledgeable with Git and team-based version control concepts
- Knowledgeable in working with APIs
- Knowledgeable working in the financial markets
Ideal candidate: Looking for the top end of our salary?
- A genuine interest in back-end/data development and the requisite tools, methods, and best practices
- Demonstrable experience working on mission critical ETL and data validation processes in the financial services industry
- Ability to develop, create, test, and maintain data processing pipelines
- Experience in recommending and implementing ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Experience in managing and supporting the acquisition of client and 3rd party data
- Experience extracting data from and working with Excel, JSON, YAML, and other industry standard file formats.
- Experience working with Structured Finance products and/or in the Structured Finance industry or related field
- Experience working with any of the following technologies: Airflow, AWS, ElasticSearch, Postgres.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Sciences or related technical field.
- Work in a distributed, highly collaborative, growing team
- Pair up with a Senior Data Engineer to execute on common tasks
- Build tooling and automation around data pipelines that improve the scalability, efficiency, quality control, and resiliency of our data platform
- Look for ways to improve stages in our data automation workflow and then implement those changes
- Provide the highest quality data for our users by continuously defining, developing and adhering to a data validation process from ingestion to end user workflows
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of our data management capabilities and processes are world class and always improving
- Stay informed and up-to-date with industry standards and trends; evaluate new tools and technologies that can improve the efficiency and quality of the data engineering work.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading enterprise solutions provider across structured credit markets, energy and infrastructure project finance, loan, and asset warehousing.
Built to empower responsible finance by filling a critical technology gap for complex assets, digitizing and standardizing data, automating workflow, and enhancing efficiency across the entire investment lifecycle of underserved alternative asset classes.
Their mission is to Empower Responsible Finance and have fun doing it!
They are an equal opportunity employer who advocates for diversity and inclusion.
Our client help unlock liquidity across the financial markets, responsibly and sustainably with the transformative power of fintech. We are looking for new team members who share our passion for innovation and our entrepreneurial, collaborative, and results-driven approach.