B3 Group, Inc. is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) certified health IT firm providing end-to-end technology support services to the federal government and enterprise customers. Our values-driven team of business, IT and management professionals blend innovation and client-first thinking to deliver sustainable solutions for better healthcare outcomes. Established in 2008 and located in Herndon, Virginia, B3 Group is founded on the principles of servant leadership. Those principles are reflected in every aspect of our operations.
B3 Group Inc, is looking for a skilled Data Analysts to support a contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs. The ideal candidates will have experience learning customer functions and drivers in order to ensure solution meet technical needs, and also support the mission.
A B3 Technical Analyst will have experience in gathering data regarding performance, cost, and compatibility attributes of commercial off-the-shelf software and development applications. They will have experience in the analysis, design, and integration of information systems as well as the ability to detect problems with software applications. The B3 Technical Analyst will be able to translate systems requirements from the business, and be experienced in gathering and compiling data necessary to analyze software architecture. They will be able to evaluate data to quickly identify problems, issues and gaps and recommend solutions.
- Provide operational and technical support to Facilities Management Department during implementation of DMLSS FM
- Collaborate within a cross-functional team
- Provide training for VA personnel
- Implement DMLSS Preventative Maintenance Program
- Maintain updated schedule for Preventative Maintenance Program
- Work with shop supervisors and technicians to maintain RPIE inventory current
- Find solutions where others see problems
- Effectively communicate both written and verbal
- Observe staff and processes to identify areas of improvement
- Create and deliver reports to management
- Assist and cover day to day operations at the work request desk for facilities management
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- Requires at least 5 years of experience with ability to analyze data using R, Python, or other analytical tools.
- Experience developing and documenting analytical models using statistical analysis, data mining, and/or machine learning
- Must be able to clean data where necessary for accurate reporting and analysis.
- Prefer at least 5+ years expertise in the following sectors is required: healthcare, housing and mortgage finance, Federal credit programs, and government benefit programs
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational abilities and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter who works efficiently in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Experience with ETL - SSIS SQL, Azure Data Factory.
- Data lake, Parquet, Spark, and other big data technology experience
- Real-time data streaming (Kafka or similar).
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable internet service that allows for effective telecommuting.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Scrum and Agile methodology and processes.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Experience with cloud products and services, SaaS/PaaS implementations in the Federal environment
- Experience with electronic health record data.
- HL7 and other relevant health data exchange standards.
- Prefer experience with VA specific technologies such as: VA Corporate data warehouse, VX130, basecamp, data object exchange; VA Enterprise data warehouse; VA active directory integration; VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) infrastructure and network design; VISTA.
- Prefer experience with Cerner Millennium and/or Cerner HealtheIntent suite.
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
- You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future.
- You take care in learning your customer’s business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meeting their client's mission.
- You like to make your client look good.
- You find solutions, where others only see problems.
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
- You are aware of the client’s needs at all times and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them as a whole.
- You have the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
Competitive Benefit Package available to all full time hires and is effective the first of the month following hire date.
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.