Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to support the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in Washington, DC. The contractor shall provide support in data analytics (including descriptive and predictive analytics, data mining, and market risk analysis), large data manipulation, data visualization and use of data analytic tools. Activities which the contractor may be tasked to perform include gathering requirements from stakeholders, conducting financial data analysis and risk analysis in a Big Data environment, and creating interactive dashboard reports and documentations.LOCATION:
Washington, DCJOB STATUS:
: N/AREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
(Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)SECURITY CLEARANCE:
Ability to pass a Special Agreement Check (SAC) and a National Agency Check and Inquires (NACI) Background InvestigationEDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degreeCERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS
: A minimum of 5 years of industrial analytics experience using statistical programs languages such as SAS, R, and Python. Experience with SQL. Experience with Global Risk a plus, but not required.EXPERIENCE LEVEL:
A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the data analysis field. With specific experience with financial or market risk analysis.DESCRIPTION:
Functionally, the candidate will be responsible for:
Who We Are
- Work closely with the customer to gather and document project requirements.
- Perform data manipulation and advanced data analysis including financial modeling, data mining, and Machine Learning techniques.
- Perform risk analysis which may include a broad range of financial risk measures, such as Value at Risk (VaR), stress testing, and margin evaluations.
- Assist business users, economists, statisticians, and others, as required, to support various analytic needs.
- Test each project thoroughly before presenting it to the task order project manager for quality control. Document test results as part of the project closeout documentation.
- Create documentation as required under the PMLC and the Configuration Change Board (CCB) in order to move projects to the production environment.
- Coordinate with internal and external organizations providing data to understand and resolve improper data formatting and other integration issues.
- When using SAS to create analytics, create and maintain customized SAS stored processes and SAS Macro libraries.
- Participate in facilitated meetings between stakeholders at CFTC which may include regular status meetings, user acceptance testing meetings and ad hoc development discussions.
- Data analysis tasks may be varied. They will include complex data requests that require data mining, extraction, and query optimization services from Divisions throughout the CFTC.
- Perform risk analysis which may include a broad range of risk measures, (such as Value at Risk (VaR): computation and evaluation, VaR tracking (VaR evolution over time), Incremental (and marginal) VaR calculation for individual asset classes /positions, conditional VaR, stress testing).
- Assist business users, economists, statisticians, and others, as required, to support effective use of analytic techniques and CFTC-approved tools.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting on data analytic packages such as SAS stored processes.
- Support procurement efforts to acquire data or tools from external vendors for the project.
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.