Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Data Scientist applies strong expertise in machine learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype, and build next generation advanced analytics engine and services. The data scientist collaborates with translators to define technical problem statement and hypothesis to test; develops efficient and accurate analytical models that mimic business decisions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design, create, test and implement complex models and algorithms that drive analytical solutions throughout the organization
- Conduct advanced statistical and other analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance.
- Collaborate with translators and understands business problems to implement scalable and sustainable solutions
- Coordinate with Data Analysts, ML Engineers, and Data Engineers to deliver holistic analytical solutions
- Support translators in communicating the design, functioning and output of the analytical models/solutions developed
- Ensure timely analysis and testing for regular maintenance of solutions over time
Required Minimum Education:
- Preferred- Masters / PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics
- Required- 2+ years of experience working in data science role; 3+ years of experience working in data engineering, analyst, or architecture role
- Preferred- 3+ years of experience working in a data science role
- SQL (writing complex queries)
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Merge and transform datasets
- Experience with BI tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI) preferred
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- General office environment.
- Remote - Rarely required to report to a work location In-person collaboration maybe required when necessary. Associates may live anywhere but recommend in the footprint when possible.
Bon Secours Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.