Are you looking for that opportunity to put your established data expertise to use in healthcare? If you are, we want you to keep reading!
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
- Effective October 26th, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your skills and knowledge as a dedicated a Full TimeData Scientist to join our System Optimization team based out of Surrey, B.C. If you're someone who is looking for a rewarding challenge, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
In this role you will build capacity and support for the cognitive computing learning systems improving insights gained from analyzing quality data. The Data Scientist adeptly uses data sets and machine learning (ML) models to find opportunities for product and process optimization as well as to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Discovers solutions hidden in large data sets and works with partners and functional teams to improve business processes and outcomes.
Key areas of involvement include:
- Working as the lead Data Scientist and strategist for the System Optimization department, cultivating and developing a proven and sustainable machine learning foundation and competency for Fraser Health.
- Working closely with clinical and leadership teams across the health authority to strategize and develop artificial intelligence (AI) products.
- Identifying, cleaning, and integrating large sets of structured and unstructured datasets from disparate sources for use in ML models and products. Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is meaningful for building a ML models.
- Using advanced ML processes to convert data from non-functional forms, such as scanned image text, to functional forms ready for use in further ML models.
- Using advanced ML models to identify patterns, trends, and opportunities that can make predictions or reduce workload across various clinical domains within Fraser Health.
- Implementing ML models into production by collaborating and guiding developers.
- Identifying, engaging, and collaborating with specific partners as required for the development of AI products.
- Communicating analytic solutions to leadership and making recommendations regarding strategic actions to maintain the ML development pipeline, analytic architectures, and life cycle to avoid potential negative consequences and system failures.
- PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience working with large datasets and machine learning models
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
Work with an experienced and dedicated team and join our dedication to provide quality care to our patients and clients. We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a phenomenal place to work! We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strive to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Find out what it’s like to work here. Like us on Facebook(@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram(@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights!