- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Good understanding of traditional ML techniques. Deep learning is desirable but not mandatory.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
- Good knowledge of statistics.
- Familiarized with natural language processing concepts.
- Strong coding skills in at least one programming language including: Python, Java, Scala, Pig, C++, Spark and R.
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Machine Learning Engineer to join our International Search team.
- Work on projects in Machine Learning in Search space to create highly innovative customer experiences;
- Analyze large amounts of data to discover patterns, find opportunities, and contribute to seize these opportunities;
- Validate models via statistically rigorous experiments across millions of customers;
- Work closely with applied scientists to build scalable prototypes for testing. Integrate successful models and algorithms in production systems at very large scale;
Our team is located in our headquarters in Luxembourg, in the heart of Europe.About Luxembourg:
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living.
- Proficiency with additional programming languages.
- Experience building complex software systems for end users.
- Good knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- Good understanding of boosting and bagging methods and their trade offs.
- Knowledge in deep learning, document retrieval algorithms, tree based algorithms, ranking algorithms.
- Understanding of explore-exploit trade-off, and associated algorithms such as Thompson sampling.
- Thorough understanding of Internet protocols, service oriented architectures and internet security fundamentals.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.