Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 112521
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Your career is important to you. It's important to us, too. The time is right for you to join Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we're committed to recognizing, affirming and celebrating the diversity of opinion, talent and expertise that make each person unique.
What will your typical day look like?
Work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective field
Have challenging and interesting work in a team environment
Continue your development throughout your career to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Understand business objectives and processes that will be enabled and/or enhanced by the AI/ML solution
- Analyze business requirements to identify data source(s) and required data columns, gain functional understanding of the data, and analyze the data for feasibility of use to ensure a high-quality AI/ML solution
- Create and manage data-related artifacts such as data flow diagrams and source-to-target mappings as part of requirements definition and analysis
- Proactively identify and address conflicting requirements and/or gap(s) between business requirements and data availability/quality
- Create and manage conceptual and logical data models as part of solution design
- Translate business requirements into functional specs that can be leveraged by developers and QA team members for their respective deliverables
- Collaborate with developers and QA team members to ensure a common understanding of the data requirements, data models and functional specs
- Develop/analyze complex SQL queries and/or data pipelines
- Work with QA team members during test strategy and plan creation, and review test cases, test scripts and test suites to ensure optimum coverage of requirements to deliver a high-quality solution
- Work in Agile project implementation
- Provide regular updates on project status to project manager, including raising risks, issues and impediments in a timely manner
- Respond proactively to any data or requirements issues; take ownership of risks, issues and impediments as appropriate to resolve them in a timely manner
- Collaborate effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
About the team
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) CoE team in Solutions Delivery group within Deloitte’s ITS (Information Technology Services) requires an experienced data analyst. AI CoE focuses on delivering end-to-end AI/ML solutions that have a predictive or cognitive component to deliver business value. AI CoE is a data centric team and very passionate about working with data!
The Sr. Data Analyst will fulfill a crucial role in AI CoE project delivery and operational processes. This individual will work with business stakeholders and technical team members to deliver AI/ML solutions that enables or enhances business processes. This individual will do this by querying and analyzing large datasets (often from multiple source systems), performing data profiling, creating source-to-target mappings, authoring functional specs, creating data models, troubleshooting data issues, and in general having a sense of ownership to deliver and maintain high-quality solutions. This individual will guide business and technical stakeholders towards a solution that optimally balances business needs and data availability, data quality and performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
4+ years of experience in data analyst role
- Proficiency in SQL and conducting data analysis, data profiling, etc.
- Experience working with large datasets from various data sources, e.g. data lake, SAP HANA data warehouse, SQL database (Azure or on-prem), flat files, etc.
- Experience writing and analyzing complex SQL queries
- Experience using various ETL tools, e.g. Alteryx, Azure Data Factory
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau/Power BI
- Experience with cloud technologies, specifically Azure, is considered an asset
- Knowledge of data science concepts is considered a strong asset
- Detail oriented with passion for technical quality and strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Demonstrated knowledge of various SLDC project development methodologies
- Ability to build strong client and peer relationships while working in a team environment
- Ability to successful collaborate with offshore resources
- Strong organization skills in fast paced, multiple stakeholder matrix organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- University degree or equivalent work experience
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.