Required Skills / Experience:
- MS in computer science, machine learning, statistics, genetics or closely-related field with at least 1 years of industry experience.
- Strong coding experience with these languages: R and Python for 3+ year.
- Strong object-oriented programming (OOP) and design experience.
- Strong in SQL and experience with cloud ecosystem.
- Experience with coding best practices, version control and documentation.
- Problem solver and analytical thinking.
- Commitment to ensuring data quality and accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, concise, and precise manner.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- PhD in animal/plant breeding, computer science, machine learning, statistics, genetics or closely-related field.
- Experience with AWS, docker, github and other automation tools.
- Knowledge of plant breeding and genomic prediction.
- Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles