Our mission is to provide quality, accessible healthcare for all Australians.
Universal healthcare is a longstanding pillar of Australian society. We passionately believe everyone in Australia has a right to affordable, high quality healthcare, wherever they are, and no matter their financial circumstances.
We are proud to be an industry leader in accessible healthcare with more than 7 million patient visits annually. Our nationwide network of 70+ medical centres and 1000+ health practitioners includes both our largest cities and most remote and at-risk communities. This year alone we aim to administer +1m COVID vaccines to create a healthier Australia.The Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Data Engineer to help build and maintain our data capability within Healius Medical and Dental Centres. You will be working across our two main data streams being integrations and analytic platforms. This is a hands-on role working closely with our business units to understand and determine the data required and its eventual use to provide actional analytics.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Enterprise Systems and Data, you’ll be responsible for delivering solutions on our cloud-native Azure platforms; monitoring and alerting of those platforms; helping to determine the data architecture; integrating with hosted and SaaS platforms; and contributing to data governance, policies, and standards.
Your advanced SQL, Azure platform, and programming knowledge and skills will see you delivering a best of breed data and analytic systems to help make data be at the heart of everything we do within the business.Duties & Responsibilities
Desired Education, Skills and Experience
- Get an understanding of the business and IT applications and the data that’s generated from them
- Provide a plan to export data to our data lake and streaming platforms and implement the data exports
- Work with IT and business units to determine data required to be made available to analytic platforms and build out the integrations
- Work with business owners to understand integration requirements
- Identify data integration technical requirements between applications
- Build and extend out automation platforms
- Build, maintain and monitor integrations and alerting
- Design and build data warehouse architecture, ensuring the source applications are made available in a user-friendly format to enable self-service analytics
- Build security and authorisation at the data level
- Work with the risk and security teams to ensure all privacy and health requirements are met
- Performance tune the data and ensure queries remain responsive
- Identify objects and areas for pre-aggregation
- Work collaboratively with the business users to understand their data, what they can do with it and assist with building basic reports
- Spot how the business might be able to use data better or identify uncovered uses
- Maintain workflow documentation to explain data from source to report
- Be an active member with our internal standards
- Relevant tertiary qualification in data engineering, or a related computing field and/or relevant industry experience.
- Advanced SQL and data integration programming skills
- 3+ years of working in a similar data engineering or analytics role
- Ability to keep across data platforms and technologies
- Experience with Microsoft data products.
- Experience with Azure data platforms and cloud-based technologies
- Advanced SQL (preferably MS-SQL) skills and a data engineering programming language such as Python
- Working knowledge of data lakes, delta lakes, data warehouses (using Kimball dimensional modelling)
- Ability to perform basic analytics on a reporting platform, with Power BI preferred.
- Ability to write code to integrate disparate data sources including from databases, structured files, API’s (REST/GraphQL)
- Knowledge and implementation of security best practices
- Opportunities for future career progression and development
- Diversity in your role with no two days being the same
- Access to our Employee Benefits Program
- The opportunity to be a part of a team that promotes accessible and affordable healthcare to all Australians
If you are interested in this position and would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail, submit your resume by clicking “APPLY NOW”