About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) or Master’s Degree (M.A./M.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management, or related fields.
- Needs to have In-depth knowledge of database tools like SQL, NoSQL, languages like Python, Java & Scala, distributed systems like Hadoop and Map reduce, Spark, HIVE and Spark SQL.
- Having Certifications in Data Engineering from reputed institutes, is an added advantage.
- 5-6 years of relevant experience in working on large data integration projects.
- Must have Analytics and ML models deployment experience.
- Basic working experience in Machine Learning.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written, verbal communications as well as presentation skills.
- Proactive self-starter who can work collaboratively with cross-capability team members.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.