My Client is the largest Social Commerce platform in India with the vision of enabling small businesses and individual entrepreneurs to become successful online.
About the role
As a data driven organisation with the core mission of empowering 20 million entrepreneurs throughout the country, Data scientists are an integral part of the thier team. You'll develop models and run experiments to infer insights from hard data that meaningfully impacts our 1Million+ resellers. From improving our product usability to identifying new growth opportunities data scientists help all teams within the company and develop effective solutions.
Here are some of the problems you'll be working on: -
- Understanding reseller preferences to provide them with the most relevant products
- Modelling which resellers will be the most impacted by changes in our incentive structures
- Designing discount programs to help our resellers sell more - Inferring insights from our existing data to identify new growth opportunities
- Designing experiments to improve usability across our product suite
- How can you help resellers better recognise end customer preferences to improve their revenue?
- Using data to identify bottlenecks that helps our suppliers meet their SLA requirements
- What frontend visualisations will best help category managers understand the current demand for products?
- Modelling seasonal demand to predict key organisational metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-6 years of experience as a Data Scientist in a fast-paced organization, preferably B2C
- Familiarity with concepts like Neural Networks, Machine Learning etc and tools like SQL, R, Python
Capabilities The ideal candidate for this role has:
- A good understanding of and belief in thier business model and product.
- Strong understanding of Statistics and Linear Algebra
- Strong understanding of hypothesis/model testing and ability to identify common model testing errors like overfitting, underfitting, type I and type II errors
- Experience designing and running A/B tests and drawing insights from them
- Familiarity with Python or R, proficiency with SQL
- Strong communication skills to explain your analysis