There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
- Lead conception, development, and testing for new data collection projects using Outbound Data Collection, Vehicle Task Manager, and Vehicle Data Hub
- Shape requirements for new data collection enablers
- Develop data collection Python scripts to be used in the development/validation process for the Vehicle Data Hub
- Interface with customers across GM to understand requirements, provide status updates, and explain the data collection process
- Work cross functionality with various GM organizations to determine root causes and identify corrective actions for data collection related issues
- Work cross functionality with IT, Vehicle Architecture Teams, Telematics Development, Validation, Customer Experience, and Business to determine priorities and recommended path forward
- Develop relationships across various organizations while sustaining open communications to enable collaboration with the common goal of customer satisfaction
Additional Job Description
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related Engineering degree. Master’s degree, preferred.
- Experience with automotive networking concepts (CAN/LIN, Diagnostics) and Ethernet protocols
- Experience in automotive systems and software development
- Proficiency in Python or similar programming language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting to leadership and tailoring to multiple audiences
- Comfortable working in a fast-pace and innovative environment where problems are complex and not always well-defined
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet requirements and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work with only limited direction from supervisor
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships across various organizations
- Ability to work in a team environment where knowledge sharing, and documentation is encouraged
- Willingness to learn and quickly adjust to new tools and systems
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.