Direct Line Group is one of the UK's largest insurance companies and home to some of the best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag. We are going through an exciting transformation to be the top tier data-driven organisation in the UK's General Insurance market.
Our team, the Data Chapter is at the heart of this mission, and we are looking for people passionate about using data to solve customer problems and making the organization data driven.
You are an experienced Data Analyst, who is confident your ability to write optimized SQL code and who is not afraid to speak your mind, communicate with senior stakeholders, and say no or contradict when you need to.What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Work with peers to translate outcomes into relevant insights, promoting self-serve and ensuring usage and adoption of products and solutions.
- Set up systems to make working with data more efficient.
- Research new ways to make use of data.
- Produce reports and BI, communicating trends within data to non-specialists
- Present information generated from data to stakeholders.
- Be an ambassador of the Data Chapter and advocating for the data strategy, data skills and best practices
- Create reports, dashboards, and analytics solutions
- Understand how data informs business strategy and combining that with data expertise to deliver new insights and incremental value.
- Participate in the selection and implementation of tools, software and best practices to support strategic goals.
- Be an advocate of data governance and ethical use of data and building trust with partners
- Be a role model for DLG behaviours, feedback culture and continuous improvement
We’re open to candidates from any industry but would expect customer focus and desire to understand the insurance business.
Ways if working
- Provide experience on future direction, coupled with commercial understanding.
- Hands-on data analysis and, experience delivering within large-scale transformation programs.
- Exposure to cloud native tools and understanding of data lakes and big data technologies.
- Experience with ETL, SQL and data modelling concepts.
- Experience with the principles of data management, governance, and privacy
- Understanding of Agile in principles and practices
- End-to-end mindset with equal focus on delivery and operational aspects
- Curiosity to experiment and improve and whilst staying aligned on outcomes.
- To embrace a culture of feedback, with the goal of continuous improvement of self and others
- An interest in staying abreast with and understanding new technologies as the landscape changes over time.
- Demonstrate confidence in communications with senior level management.
- Excel in a high demand environment working on multiple tasks in parallel.
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here .Benefits
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.