About the Role
In EMEA Community Operations, we support our customers - riders, eaters, restaurants, delivery-partners, driver-partners - by resolving their issues and understanding their needs throughout their customer journey and lifecycle. Our mission is to develop a world-class support organization that scales effectively, is reliable and consistent, and provides unmatched service experience to our Uber customers.
Automation is a critical pillar under the EMEA CommOps Central Strategy & Planning (S&P) organization. We are a small team that works cross functionally with stakeholders across CommOps, Ops, Product, to drive hardcore efficiency and high-ROI initiatives across our support organization. We are able to move at a fast pace due to the team autonomy in rolling out new automations and optimising existing ones.
Automation enables us to scale sustainably by eliminating inefficiencies in the business, allowing people to focus on meaningful tasks, and bring value through exceptional experiences. The ultimate goal is to enable the power of technology to delight and engage our users.
We are looking for a strong technical profile to support our automation efforts across EMEA Community Operations.
What You'll Do
- Driving the execution of the EMEA roadmap by building/coding core automations for common customers defects e.g., end-to-end contact resolution, automated workflows
- Accountable for delivery of key program metrics such as Contact Rate and Automation Rate.
- Finding opportunities for policy automation, collaborate with Product teams (COPD/CO) to build and roll out these automations
- Building automation tools to increase agent efficiency
- Challenging automated flow to make sure we provide the best in class support
- Experimenting with support policies and levers to dynamically optimize decisioning and arrive at the best outcome for both Uber and its users.
- Leading on analysis and insights about our key automations to advise opportunities and directions to improve on performance and customer experience
- Deploying new proactive support use cases and new digital transformation technologies within Community Operations
- Expert knowledge of programming in Python, source control, testing techniques, etc
- Experience of coding in production environments
- Experience with git and advanced SQL
- Expertise in Data and relevant tools: Google Sheets, Tableau
- Problem Solving: Ability to take technical topics and get to the key problems, issues, solutions fast; strong ability to deal with ambiguity, complexity, structure and solve problems in an autonomous and proactive way.
- Business Acumen: able to understand and identify key business needs and areas where Automation can create impact
- Stakeholder management and communication: Ability to navigate a complex matrix organization; ability to work cross-functionally with key stakeholders in Product, Central and Regional teams;
- Planning & organizational: effectively prioritizing, scoping, and delivering high-quality work/outputs; able to deliver on tight deadlines great follow-through on task
- Advanced/Expert knowledge of Uber APIs / Uber services and development tools is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Flask, HTML+CSS is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of setting up real time data pipelines is a plus
- Lucidchart knowledge a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.