At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
About Advance Analytics Office (AAO):
AAO is missioned with accelerating Analytics solutions at scale across the Enterprise to rapidly capture business value. These solutions target key business metrics, such as, reducing manufacturing cost, improve capital efficiency, reduce time-to market to develop new products, improve operational efficiency, and improve customer experience.
These solutions are built using cutting edge Industrial 4.0 technologies and are delivered through a platform approach to enable rapid scaling. The solutions span AI/ML for improving manufacturing yield, quality, equipment uptime, and adaptive testing, Operations Research for capacity and scheduling optimization, Digital Twin for inventory and logistics optimization, and Product Telematics for managing customer fleet management solutions. Many of these solutions are first-of-a-kind that have discovery and rapid learning elements with the intent of taking solution to scale.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to grow our India AAO team. You will have the opportunity to partner in making remarkable things happen across WDT’s more than dozen factories across the globe, global product development teams, customer solutions, and supporting operations like Finance, supply chain, Procurement, Sales etc.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Engage with Analytics Business Partners (ABP), customers and Data Scientists to understand details of user requirements and system integrations needed for AI/ML solutions.
- Design and architect production ready AI/ML solutions leveraging existing platforms that meet throughput & latency requirements and cost effective at scale.
- Translate ML algorithms into production-level code.
- Build APIs and Data Pipelines to automate AI/ML solutions.
- Collaborate with IT counterparts to test and deploy AI/ML models into production.
- Keep abreast with upgrades and changes in Enterprise Big-Data and ML platforms.
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies to improve performance and sustainability of ML systems.
Proactively network with functional teams in Flash factories to identify collaboration opportunities.
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science.
- BS & 5+ years or MS & 3+ years or PhD & 1+ year of experience in building and evolving complex software systems for data processing and ML workloads.
- Strong CS fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, OOP and functional programming.
- Coding and prototyping data pipelines involving any combination of Python and scheduling frameworks such as Airflow or Cloud based.
- Strong knowledge and experience with databases (Relational Maria/Mysql and NoSQL Cassandra/Hbase).
- Strong Experience with Big Data processing (e.g., Bigquery, Hive, Hadoop, HDFS, Spark).
- Familiarity with AI/ ML algorithms, ML modeling frameworks (e.g., Python, R, Tensorflow, etc.) and strong expertise in operationalizing AI/ML models into production.
- Experience with integrating applications and platforms with cloud technologies (AWS and GCP).
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge and experience with Streaming platforms (Kafka preferred).
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and stakeholders, including analytics teams, development teams, product management and operations.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and verbal & written communication (English & Mandarin) skills.
- Positive attitude towards learning on-the-job and strive in a rapidly changing environment.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.