Are you looking to develop your career in one of the world’s largest Research Organisations?
Ipsos is the ROUTE approved supplier for out of home audience measurement. Out of home (OOH) media consist of advertising frames ranging from large roadside billboards to small bus shelter panels. They also include other outdoor advertising boards posted at bus and train stations, in car parks, on taxis and bus sides, and panels inside shopping malls. We help companies buying and selling advertising space on these media to gauge the size and composition of the audience likely to be exposed to the advertising featured on them. The data we collect feeds into decisions on the best placements for advertising frames and are also used for trading advertising inventory between buyers and sellers.
The growth in importance of digital Out of Home panels has necessitated a new focus on accurate, time-based measurement.The role…
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entry level Data Scientist to carve out a career in this field. All we ask for is 12months relevant work experience together with a strong aptitude, willingness and a desire to learn.
This is not your average data science role; we look for people passionate about solving problems using data science solutions. This is not your usual project delivery role, you will need to bring your natural inquisitive self, flair and creativity and the enthusiasm to bring ideas to life.
The Data Science team develop models for advertising space in places like rail/tube stations, buses or taxis, and shopping malls.
As a junior member of the team, your role is to contribute to our current and future projects. You will be working on current models development and creation/implementation of new solutions.
This is an interesting and varied role including:
What do I need to bring with me?
- Operating across the data science aspects of our out of home measurement solution
- Working with large sets of data, from various sources
- Designing and implementing Data science solutions and models
- Working with other teams to put your code into production
- Contributing to development a “state-of-the-art” data processing, modelling and delivery solution
- Working in cloud environment
- Working with containerised pipelines (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Working in Agile framework
- Developing using Git and CI/CD process
- Building up the knowledge and experience in audience measurements space.
- Working closely with other internal teams: data engineering, DevOps and product owners
- Keeping abreast of new industry developments – not just those coming from the UK
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Degree level in mathematics or statistics
- 12 months years of experience in relevant role, apprenticeships, internships
- Skilled in using Python or R
- Genuine interest in ML and data science
- Highly numerate and team player
- A natural passion to solve problems
- Flexible & adaptable
- Ability to multi-task and able to work on different projects
- Able to pick up and absorb new skills
- Show self initiative
- Knowledge of leading cloud platforms, preferably Google cloud platform
- Knowledge of Docker
- Public git repository
We are one of the world’s largest research companies and currently the only one primarily managed by researchers. With offices in 88 countries, Ipsos brings together research, implementation, methodological, and subject-matter experts from around the world, combining thematic and technical experts globally with local knowledge to deliver top-quality research.
Our culture is unique - we have the entrepreneurial spirit and quirkiness of a small boutique, but we also have the resources, scale and diversity of a large global agency. We have more bright, friendly, hard-working and enthusiastic people, from more backgrounds, with more interests, skills and experiences to learn from. Our values are based on our diverse cultural backgrounds, helping us to be responsive, client-focused and flexible.
We are committed to equality, treating people fairly, promoting a positive and inclusive working environment and ensuring we have diversity of people and views. We recognise that this is important for our business success - a more diverse workforce will enable us to better reflect and understand the world we research and ultimately deliver better research and insight to our clients. We understand the importance of commitments you may have outside of work and we consider all flexible working applications - please highlight what you are looking for when you make your application.