Senior Data Scientist for MDS team
About the role
We are seeking a Data Scientist to help drive innovation and make an impact within the world of health. As a Data Scientist, you’ll be responsible for individual advanced analytics work and programming. You’ll be working to solve complex healthcare problems using large datasets and an array of advanced data science technology. Every day, you’ll be working alongside energizing product teams that are eager for your insights that solve our customers’ most pressing problems.
The Data Scientist position is responsible for delivering analytics and surveillance solutions that help hospitals take care of their patients. Capabilities like advanced analytics, user experience design, data science, test automation, project/portfolio management, lean-agile software development practices, and automated software development metrics are critical to our success. Technology Solutions provides data products and solutions to our customers using in-depth detailed medical device and hospital data to improve the safety and experiences for all patients.
The Lead Data Scientist has the responsibility to analyze the data from grid and industrial service applications by applying statistical, algorithmic, data mining and machine learning techniques and develop performance models, support post-event analysis and enable outcome-based services.
The Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for building and delivering innovative new products to market. Users worldwide will use what you help build. Your focus on lean software practices and delivering quality products will be critical in the success of Digital Health and our mission of transformation. You will be making a real difference in making healthcare more efficient, safer and more effective.
- Design, analyze, develop, test, and deploy analytical models into enterprise data systems. Perform each task as needed for data science projects as an independent contributor.
- Demonstrate knowledge of data science and statistics.
- Apply creative and unconventional thinking with standard industry best practices to solve challenging and unique business problems.
- Transform business goals into hypotheses and tangible data mining goals. Plan and execute experiments.
- Code new reports and maintain existing reports for internal and external customers.
- Extract and provide datasets for analysis from major data stores.
- Complete documentation and business reports.
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or other field with graduate level coursework in advanced analytics.
- Minimum of three years of experience building and applying statistical, machine learning and/or optimization models with Master’s degree. Minimum of one year experience with quantitative Ph.D.
- Ability to quickly understand new concepts and implement novel designs to advanced data science problems.
- Ability to conduct research on new algorithms and implement in ways that create customer value.
Computer Programming and Database Experience
- Minimum of three years of experience programming reports with R and/or Python, SQL required.
- Minimum of one year of experience manipulating large datasets. A solid understanding of relational database concepts are required. Experience with Hadoop is nice to have.
Primary Work Location
IND Bangalore - Technology Campus