About Gartner Digital Markets
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology choices and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three top brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
What We’re Looking For
You will have a vital role in developing complex solutions and deploying transformative data products. You will work in a team responsible for building forecasting models, segmentations, optimization solutions and boutique algorithms. You will identify new areas to apply data science to improve business performance. As a two-sided digital marketplace with an auction-based pricing model, the opportunities to put your data science skills to work are endless. You will cover a broad and evolving set of responsibilities as you build data science capabilities at GDM – versatility, adaptability, and self-sufficiency will be critical to success. As a member of the Gartner family, you will have access to industry-leading research on analytics and data science.
Why You’ll Want To Come To Work
- Partner with various stakeholders across lifecycle and performance marketing.
- Guide the development of our marketing data science practices by identifying use cases, prioritizing projects based on business value, and creating roadmaps.
- Identify opportunities to apply predictive and optimization models to improve the buyer experience.
- Own the full development cycle of data products: architectural design, prototype, development, deployment.
- Lead on continuously improving existing solutions by analysing trends and identifying root causes of inaccuracies.
- Transform, standardize, and integrate data sets to develop data marts for data science use cases.
- Employ supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques to support analytic objectives.
- Develop data-processing and technical workflows for delivery of data-driven customer experiences.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Owners teams to execute the data science roadmap.
- Mentor and train junior data scientists.
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Master’s degree or PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or a similar quantitative field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in data science or advanced analytics, with a portfolio of projects in digital marketing.
- Good knowledge of optimization algorithms (stochastic, greedy, gradient descent, etc.).
- Proficient with querying languages (SQL) and data transformation packages - we develop and deploy in Python (Pandas, Polars), but we occasionally do research with R (Data Table, Tidyverse).
- Ability to summarize complex research into intuitive stories, using visualization libraries (plotly, matplotlib, bokeh, ggplot2, etc.).
- Curious and analytical nature. Compelled to dive deep to understand complicated problems.
- Passionate for data and analytics. Driven to acquire the skills necessary to accomplish complex tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly present complicated analysis.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Comfortable working independently to achieve successful results with minimal guidance.
- Resourceful and resilient with the instincts to take a creative approach to problem solving.
Nice To Have
- Experience with libraries for creating and deploying web apps (Streamlit, Dash, Shiny App, etc.).
- Experience working with cloud-based data warehouses and data management systems (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Databricks).
- Experience with version control systems (git, or svn).
Check out our video to learn about who we are, and what we do:
What You´ll Find
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture - join a diverse team of professionals that are as smart and driven as you.
- A chance to make an impact - your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
- Frequent social activities such as movie night, laser tag, bowling, escape room, summer beach party, hiking & bbq, and more!
- Hybrid, virtual-first, environment with flexibility, remote work, Friday afternoons free, and more.
- New offices close to Glòries and the beach in the fantastic, “innovation and tech” 22@ district of sunny Barcelona.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, selection of teas, fair trade organic coffee and a fridge full of beer for our Beer O’Clock on Friday afternoons.
What You´ll Receive
- Competitive compensation.
- 23 days annual holiday, and additional days off for your birthday, 24th & 31st of December.
- Private Medical and Dental Care.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Public Transport Subsidy.
- Ticket Restaurant Card.
- Childcare Vouchers (Ticket Guarderia).
- IncentiFit - annual reimbursement for health-and-wellness-related activities.
- Pension Scheme.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Gartner Gives Charity Match.
- Relocation Assistance - a specialist to help you with all the appointments and paperwork.
Who You Are
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- A valid EU visa/passport is required for this position.
Explore Diversity, Inclusion And Engagement At Gartner
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What We Offer
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:73914
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.