ECS is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to work in our Washington, DC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Handles raw data (e.g., structured, unstructured, and mixed datasets), and analyzes data through the application of various statistical techniques or tools.
- Demonstrates ability to extract meaning from and interpret data using a variety of tools and methods from statistics and machine learning.
- Ability to collect, clean, and mung data in a timely manner as part of a cross-functional team in an intelligence, or related, environment.
- Supervises, manage, and review work duties of lower-level scientists.
- Formulates and leads guided, multifaceted analytic studies against large volumes of data.
- Interprets and analyzes data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Coordinates research and analytic activities utilizing various data points using unstructured and structured data, and use programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Conduct experiments against data points to identify previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Lead all data experiments tasked by the Data Science Team.
- Coordinates with Data Engineers to build data environments providing data identified by Data Analysts, and Data Integrators.
- Experience in Federal Consulting
- Familiar with programming languages such as, but not limited to: R, SAS, Python, MatLab, SQL, Hive, Pig, and Spark.
- Experienced in working with and exploiting big data; distributed computing; predictive modeling; mathematics; statistics; machine learning; storytelling; and visualization.
- Possesses strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, vision, and Word.
- Experience in DHS
- Experience in the Intelligence Community
- Knowledge of Agile and principles and applied best practices required
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.