We are looking to recruit a Data Analyst to join our HR Shared Services Team based in Northampton.
The role is to be an information technology expert responsible for the HR data lake, using the QlikSense script editor, managing Qlik Sense Servers, designing dashboards, and creating various Qlik Sense solutions for the business’s needs.
- End to end development and maintenance of Qlik Sense Applications, along with the management of the HR Data Lake
- Ability to integrate, transform, model, and visualise data from various sources at speed
- Develop and maintain advanced analytics and other HR solutions (ESparx) using the full suite of Qlik products, along with maintenance of the redundancy calculator
- Lead contact for our third party data feeds and the development and maintenance of the data feeds
- Evaluate data requests from around the business, and deliver an efficient solution with future proofing in mind
- Drive decision-making using the power of data and insights, upskilling the HR Team by increasing their data literacy giving them the tools to self serve.
What are we looking for:
- Good of standard education to degree level
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, statistics, or a quantitative field, or equivalent experience (preferred)
- SQL Server
- Relevant role experience developing and delivering interactive dashboards and reports using [QlikSense, Qlik Alerting and NPrinting as the lead Qlik developer] or similar alternative.
- Design, develop, and test [Qlik Sense scripts] or similar to import data from source systems, data feeds, flat files to create QVDs, visuals, or feed 3rd parties
- Proficiency with [Qlik Sense Scripting, use of complex Qlik Sense functions, advanced Qlik Sense Expressions] or similar
- Experience of [Qlik QMC and system administration] or similar
- Will have a proven track record delivering [Qlik Sense Dashboards] or similar
- Ability to translate business requirements into data modelling/scripting and [Qlik front end (Dashboards/Reports)] or similar development specifications
- A strong analytical and logical mindset
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills to ensure business teams remain engaged
- Tenacity to follow up on individuals/groups with project dependencies Ability to create innovative solutions
- Advanced Excel / Googlesheets (Macros)
What can we offer you?
You’ll be supported with fantastic learning and development and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career with us
We’ll also equip you with a benefits package that includes
- Competitive bonus
- Save-as-you-earn scheme
- Private Medical and Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Colleague discount
- Discount platform including savings and cash back at numerous retailers, savings on gym membership, cycle to work scheme
Our widely recognised wellbeing strategy is something we’re proud of at Wickes. As part of this, we offer a range of health and wellbeing benefits and support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, financial education & loans, and access to parental, menopause and fertility support.
We recognise the value of bringing our teams together to collaborate, support each other and build on our amazing culture. We are also encouraging our teams to work flexibly, with a blend of remote / office working.
Wickes is a multi-channel retailer operating in the home improvement market. With 50 years in industry, Wickes now generates revenue in excess of £1.6bn across 230 stores delivered by 8,000+ colleagues.
But it is the Wickes’ culture that is considered its winning trait; it’s a collaborative, down to earth, fun and inclusive environment where people feel part of a winning team. All our colleagues come from different backgrounds, but what we all have in common is a determination to succeed and a passion for being the best we can be. If that sounds like you, we’ll make you feel right at home.
Please contact us here if you require any adjustments within the application process. If you require any reasonable adjustments at the interview stage you will have an opportunity to inform us when we invite you to interview
Vacancy Reference #
Please contact us here if you require any adjustments within the application process. If you require any reasonable adjustments at the interview stage you will have an opportunity to inform us when we invite you to interview. Please note, this link is only for reasonable adjustments required - general enquiries, or direct CV applications cannot be accepted via this form.