E.ON Energie Deutschland GmbH | Permanent | Part or Full time
E.ON Energie Deutschland GmbH is a nationwide leading energy company and holding company of E.ON Sales in Germany. Around 2,500 employees ensure the reliable supply of electricity and natural gas at fair prices and excellent customer service at all times. In addition, we are the solution provider for an increasingly decentralized, ecological and digital energy world, for example with photovoltaic service and advice, energy storage, energy checks and efficiency measures. E.ON Energie Deutschland GmbH has 27 locations in Germany and is based in Munich. Therefore customers benefit from the strength of our corporate network and our local presence in Germany.
E.ON is one of the strongest operators of European energy networks and energy-related infrastructure, as well as a provider of advanced customer solutions for more than 50 million customers. With a total of over 75,000 employees we are represented in 15 countries. By focusing on two sustainable growth areas and with the acquisition of innogy, we are ideally positioned to drive the energy transition in Germany and Europe. At E.ON diversity matters. We welcome all people and are convinced that differences make us stronger. Become part of our inclusive and diverse company culture!
We are looking for a Data Engineer / Data Platform Engineer (m/f/d) to join our E.ON Energie Deutschland GmbH team in München, Essen. If you are interested, please apply as early as possible.
- You work on all parts on our data platform
- You are working with technologies like Python, Kubernetes, Apache Airflow, dbt, Azure, Terraform and more
- With these you find clever, automated and intelligent solutions and implement those in an independent manner
- You maintain and develop scalable and robust data pipelines
- Enhancement and maintenance of our key components like Azure Data Lake, AKS, Apache Airflow, dbt and Snowflake
- You implement batch workflows with Apache Airflow under usage of our Azure Kubernets Cluster, Airflow best practices and a useful connection with other Azure PAAS Services and Snowflake Cloud Computing
- You create and implement CI/CD pipelines with Azure Devops
A convincing Background
- You have a university degree with a focus on computer science or a comparable qualification and have proven professional experience in the field of DevOps & cloud-native technologies
- You have practical experience in dealing with IaaS and practical experience in cloud architectures (Kubernetes, Container Operators, CI/CD Tools)
- A goal-oriented communication to describe problems and complex issues to the team and clients is a matter of course for you.
- Experiences in Software architecture and development and usage of cloud resources
- Comfortable handling of Git, Azure DevOps, CI/CD, good Linux knowledge
- More than 3 years’ experience in software development and data engineering, usage of Python, Unix, Docker, Kubernetes and Microsoft Azure
- Experience in software best practices: Code reviews, standards, code versioning, test-driven development, object-oriented development, infrastructure as code
- Excellent hands-on experience in maintaining and enhancement of frameworks like Apache Airflow, dbt or similar.
- You are not shy away from SQL
- Language skills Deutsch (B2) and Englisch (B2)
An environment that inspires
- an innovative and dynamic environment for shaping tomorrows sustainable energy world
- flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home after consultation with your Manager
- a professional and friendly working atmosphere and corporate culture
- a wide range of training opportunities including support programs
- attractive financial benefits including a company pension scheme and capital-forming payments
- numerous benefits such as an employee share program, a job bike and employee discounts for well-known brands and suppliers
Do you have questions?
For further information please contact Samy EL-Bouz under firstname.lastname@example.org. Are you already convinced that this is the next step in your career? If yes, we would be happy if you would register and apply online as Data Engineer / Data Platform Engineer (m/f/d) (Reference no 195901).
What You Need To Know
Contract type: Permanent
Working time: Part or Full time
Company: E.ON Energie Deutschland GmbH
Function area: Data; IT/Digital
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.