Life at Grab:
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know our Team:
Everyday, millions of users across Southeast Asia trust and rely on Grab to get them from point A to point B in the safest and most efficient way possible. The Integrity Team acts as guardians of all our users on Grab. As Risk Analysts within Integrity, we leverage our rich datasets to build insight and find solutions to problems ranging from safety to fraud. We're a hands-on team interested in the end to end data life-cycle, from analyzing the risky behavior of our consumers and identifying anomalies to building detection and prevention modules for any suspicious activities. If you're passionate about solving complex problems with immediate real-world impact, we want you!
The day-to-day activities:
- Analyze massive passenger, driver, and merchant data to develop insights on user behaviors and/or risks
- Develop and communicate insights and recommended actions to stakeholders to reduce risk by contributing towards rules, machine learning models, and other detection systems
- Conduct data investigations and analysis on suspicious trends and insights that have been identified by stakeholders
- Explore business issues/opportunities, uncover insights and/or identify targeted areas for mitigating risk
- Identify potential false positive cases and continuously improve current methods to eliminate them
- Maintain and monitor key metrics and alert the business on potential issues
- Collaborate cross-functionally on managing risk associated with Grab products and processes
- Work with operations teams in various regions and cities to define risk policy and processes
- Work with business teams to translate requirements and needs to the Tech teams.
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on analyst in a high tech company with large, complex, high-velocity data
- A degree in Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Information Technology, Data Sciences, Math or related fields.
- Strong foundation in data query/manipulation of large scale data using SQL and data visualization experience using tools such as Tableau
- Working experience of any of the data analysis tools such as R, Python, SPSS, SAS, and ability to learn more advanced data analysis methods
- Experience with application of experimentation and statistical techniques (such as hypothesis testing, probability distributions, regression, decision trees, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communicator to both technical and business audiences
- Ability to make sound judgment calls independently when presented with difficult decisions, especially when only partial information is available
- Passionate about solving problems – possesses a relentless need for investigation and data exploration
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment with strong training abilities
- Results and detail-oriented, with strong intuitions on how to solve problems creatively and quickly
Nice to have:
- Experience in risk analytics
- Good understanding of the fraud space with hands-on knowledge of fraud, payments, and risk
- Proficiency in a local SEA language
- Working experience in a startup environment
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.
Grab is the leading superapp platform in Southeast Asia, providing everyday services that matter to consumers. Today, the Grab app has been downloaded onto millions of mobile devices, giving users access to over 9 million drivers, merchants, and agents. Grab offers a wide range of on-demand services in the region, including mobility, food, package and grocery delivery services, mobile payments, and financial services across 428 cities in eight countries
Join us today to drive Southeast Asia forward, together.