Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Loyalty & Marketing Services platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be part of world-class team of Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise with Java and Big Data technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, development, testing, and documentation. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Work on development of new products and enhancements to existing systems iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products
- Work closely with architects, business, and technical stakeholders to develop high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Follow best practices for software development, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
- Help coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Will delegate and review others engineers work on small projects
Most Important Qualities For The Candidate Are
- Academics : Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Leadership : Leading solutions and working with teams to achieve it.
- Curiosity : A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
- Creativity : The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
- Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
- Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
- Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 3 or more years of software development experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- Java and Big Data technologies like Hive, Hadoop, and Spark
- Understanding and working experience with shell scripting
- Knowledge and working experience on Git/Stash, Ant, Maven, Jenkins and Jira
- Experience with database technologies like DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
- Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong automation mindset
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate the logic and implementation plan to team members & managers
- Quick learner, self-starter, detailed and thorough
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.