Bloomerang combines the best tools, resources, and people to provide a world-class experience for tens of thousands of nonprofits, allowing them to raise more money and do more good in the world. Our powerful software and stellar customer service have made us one of the highest rated fundraising/donor CRM on the market.
In addition to creating thriving nonprofits, we're also in the business of creating thriving employees.
At Bloomerang, you'll be a part of a mission-driven culture built on the core values of Empathy, Unity, and Transparency. We know the key to our success is our people, and we're proud to be home to some of the most innovative and skilled employees in the workforce today.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Data Engineer to join our fast-growing SaaS company. If you thrive on challenges and have a passion for scaling businesses, this is a rare opportunity to be part of an exciting sports startup. As a Data Engineer, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement data solutions using Google BigQuery or Snowflake. Your responsibilities will include building data infrastructure, integrating databases and platforms, performing statistical analysis, and leveraging the right data technology to support our top-level business strategy. If you are driven, possess excellent analytical skills, and have experience in high-growth technology startups, we invite you to join our team and contribute to our data-driven success.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with other departments to design and implement data solutions that address business problems and support top-level business strategy.
- Implement and support data tools such as Google BigQuery or Snowflake to enable efficient data processing and analysis.
- Build data infrastructure to facilitate integrations with various databases (MySQL, PostgresQL), platforms, and APIs.
- Utilize statistical analysis tools like SAS, R, or Python to perform data analysis and derive meaningful insights.
- Pursue continuous improvement by identifying and implementing enhancements to data systems and processes.
- Write documentation for data architecture and processes to ensure clarity and maintainability.
- Apply analytical ability to collect, organize, model, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of data.
What You Need to Succeed
- 4-5 years of experience working with Google BigQuery or Snowflake, demonstrating a solid understanding of their capabilities and best practices.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies to facilitate iterative and efficient development cycles.
- Experience with Google Cloud Machine Learning and Google Cloud AI Platform, enabling the utilization of advanced analytics and AI capabilities.
- Knowledge and ability to create and administer data access policies and procedures, ensuring data security and governance.
- Proficiency in creating dashboards and visualizations using tools like PowerBI, Tableau, or similar, to effectively communicate insights to stakeholders.
- Experience with Azure SQL Managed Instances and SQL Elastic Pools, expanding your expertise in cloud-based data solutions.
- Being high-energy with a hustle, motivation, and drive that's contagious, fostering a proactive and results-oriented work culture.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration and stakeholder management.
- Strong problem-solving and prioritization skills, allowing you to address complex data challenges and meet project objectives.
- Experience working in a high-growth early-stage technology startup company, demonstrating adaptability and a willingness to work in a dynamic environment.
Health + Wellness
You'll have access to generous health, vision, and dental insurance options, as well as a free subscription to Bright, a wellness platform that offers live and on-demand fitness, meditation, mindfulness, and nutrition classes.
You'll get a competitive PTO package that includes 20 PTO days, 3 flex days, 4 optional volunteer Days, 12 paid holidays, as well as paid parental leave.
You'll receive a 401k match to help invest in your future.
Everything you need to be successful, shipped right to your door.Compensation
The salary range for this position is: $127,000 - $172,000. You may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus. Actual compensation within the range will be dependent on your skills, experience, qualifications, and location, as well as applicable employment laws.
This is a permanent, full-time, fully remote position. Employees living in Indianapolis, IN are welcome to work from our company headquarters. We do not offer Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance at this time.
Applicants who require accommodations may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation in completing an application.
Bloomerang is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Bloomerang are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.