We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in.
To start a career that is out of the ordinary, please apply...
Kantar’s Worldpanel division is searching for an analytical Data Scientist. Based in Lisbon, Portugal, this is an opportunity to be part of the company’s exciting vision for the future!
Kantar is the world’s leading marketing data and analytics company. We have a completely unique and rounded understanding of how people think, feel and act; globally and locally in over 90 markets. Combining our expertise in human understanding with innovative advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.
Kantar’s Worldpanel division is the global expert in consumer behaviour. Worldpanel provides brands and retailers with a unique, 360-degree understanding of consumer behaviour across the globe – with unparalleled datasets, pioneering technology and expert analysts, we partner with brands and retailers of all sizes, empowering them to reimagine what’s possible, and change the landscape to create a better, healthier, more sustainable and inclusive world. With over 60 years’ experience, a team of 3,500, and services covering 60 countries directly or through partners, Kantar Worldpanel turns purchase behaviour into competitive advantage in markets as diverse as FMCG, textile, baby products, telecommunications and entertainment, as well as many others, by delivering a holistic market measurement, giving brands and retailers the power to spot emerging trends and respond quickly to changing behaviour.
We’re looking for an analytical Data Scientist to design new solutions through leading edge analytical approaches to improve the quality and efficiency of Kantar Worldpanel services globally. The ideal candidate should have a passion for using statistical and inference techniques, combined with Big Data approaches and will work with internal stakeholders to understand the business problems.
KEY OUTCOMES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply statistical analysis to a variety of data to define best-in-class, data driven solutions to business challenges, including effective data cleaning techniques;
- Perform statistical analysis to identify new relevant indicators and business trends;
- Apply data engineering methods to deliver automated solutions to efficiently analyze large sets of data and take corrective actions when exceptions are identified;
- Collaborate in building data-driven models for targeted solutions, working with engineers to develop efficient data querying and modelling infrastructure;
- Create data visualizations and communicate the analyses and findings through documents and presentations.
- Academic background in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or equivalent quantitative fields;
- 1-2 years minimum of relevant work experience in similar roles;
- Full English Professional Proficiency (B2 Level minimum);
- Knowledge of Probability and Statistics (e.g, Distributions, Statistical Inference, Hypothesis testing, Bayesian framework, etc);
- Knowledge of Python and/or other platforms and languages (e.g., Spark, SQL, R);
- Experience with Pyhton libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, plotly or equivalents);
- Team player and likes to work with others to get a clear understanding of the context around the data;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
The following, although not mandatory, will be appreciated:
- Experience with Azure Databricks platform;
- General understanding of data mining techniques (e.g. Unsupervised Learning – K-means, Gaussian Mixtures, DBSCAN, Dimensionality Reduction – PCA, TSNE, ICA, Factor Analysis);
Privacy and Legal Statement: Please note that by applying to this opportunity you consent to the personal data you provide to us to be processed and retained by The Kantar Group Limited (“Kantar”). Your details will be kept on our Internal ATS (Applicant Tracking System) for as long as is necessary for the purposes of recruitment, which may include your details being shared with the hiring manager.
Lisbon, Praça José QueirósPortugal
Kantar Rewards Statement
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us.
We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted and are allowed to flourish in a space where their mental health and well being is taken into consideration.
We want to create a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.